UCLA Health Hospitals Recognized for Diversity in 2019
UCLA Health – which comprises Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and UCLA Health - Santa Monica Medical Center – earned a spot as Top Hospital for Diversity for the second year in a row by BlackDoctor.org. This distinction recognizes U.S. hospitals delivering quality health care at the highest level while promoting equity and inclusion in its operations, programs, services and staffing.
"We're proud to be able to attract and retain the best talent from around the world. It is this diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities collaborating that defines us as a world-class health care system. It's an honor to have our commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace acknowledged," says Susi Takeuchi, chief human resources officer, UCLA Health.
Other assessment factors reviewed by BlackDoctor.org included:
- Recognition of the institution among and by other leading hospitals
- Commitment to the American Hospital Association’s Equity of Care Pledge
- Inclusive and diverse clinical and administrative staff
- Representation of persons of color and women at the highest levels (including the board of directors and senior-level executives)
- Culturally competent medical and professional staff
- Significant investment and profile in community health programs and initiatives
BlackDoctor.org is a health and wellness online destination for people of color with 19 million monthly visitors.