UCLA provides walk-in services for patients requiring specimen collection, blood draws (phlebotomy), urine samples, and other laboratory services.
Most lab tests performed are ordered for a patient by the patient's healthcare provider. If you are interested in having a specific laboratory test performed, please ask your healthcare provider if the lab test is appropriate for you, and if he/she can order the lab test(s) for you.
Outpatient Labs have a new VIRTUAL CHECK IN system!
Join the VIRTUAL LINES ahead of time for labs using your cell phone via the following:
1. TEXT the lab location to 818-405-9813
- "MP200" for 200 Medical Plaza – Suite 145
- "MP100" for 100 Medical Plaza – Suite 245
- "SM1245" for MOB at Santa Monica Hospital
You will receive a text message and alerts to confirm your place in line.
2. QLESS App – download and join the line on the go! Scan the QR code to download the app and search for the following lab locations:
- Westwood 245
- Westwood 145
- Santa Monica Laboratory
- BURL Encino
- BURL Santa Clarita
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What parking options are available?
- Do I need an appointment to come get my blood drawn?
- I would like to see if my lab orders are available in CareConnect. Could the laboratory assist me with that?
- I need to drop something off at the lab. What should I do?
- Is there anything special I need to do prior to having my labs drawn?
- I was recently drawn at your location. How do I know when my test result is available?
- I would like to request a copy of my test results or medical record. Who can I reach out to?
- My provider is unable to view one of my lab results. What should I do?
- I have a question about billing. Who can I speak with?
UCLA Health offers several parking options at all of our locations. Many of these options require a fee and are found near the draw station you will be visiting for that day.
The Clinical Lab does not currently accept appointments. Upon arrival, a patient receives a ticket from our draw station kiosk which places them in the queue for clinical services.
Lab orders are generally placed and released by your ordering provider. Your doctor or treatment team is the best resource for order status confirmation. The Clinical Lab recommends utilizing resources such as myUCLAhealth to reach out to your treatment team for assistance and order confirmation. Other options to communicate with your provider are available on the UCLA Health appointments page.
With the exception of 100 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 245, all other draw stations will accept specimens that are being dropped off for processing and testing. Please note there is not an expedited process for specimen drop offs and patients will still need to wait in the queue to deliver specimens to the laboratory.
Patient preparation instructions are typically outlined in the After Visit Summary (AVS) information sheet that is provided to patients by their clinician. The Clinical Lab encourages all patients to review this sheet for additional guidance prior to your lab visit.
While every test has a specific turnaround time, the lab releases results to CareConnect as soon as they become available. If you have questions about a specific result, the Clinical Lab encourages you to reach out to the ordering physician to determine the latest status of that order. We also encourage our patients to check their myUCLAhealth app to review any results that may already be available to them.
For hard copy requests, please reach out to the UCLA Health - Health Information Management Release of Information Office at 310-825-6021.
If a provider cannot see a result but you feel it should already be available, please have the provider call the lab directly for further assistance.
UCLA Health’s Billing and Insurance section covers many questions related to payment and insurance plans.