Information for Your Virtual Telehealth Visit
Conduct video visits with your provider on your mobile device
Learn how you can meet face-to-face with a UCLA Health provider by video for the same high-quality care as an in-person visit.
Not yet a UCLA Health patient?
No problem! If you are new to UCLA, call us at 310-825-2631 for a referral to a UCLA doctor or get started here.
Need more help? Try our chatbot!
Let our chatbot help you find a doctor near you. Open it up on the lower left of your screen and say "Hi!"
What do I need for a video visit?
- A computer, smart phone, or tablet with a camera or microphone and strong internet access.
- A browser other than Internet Explorer (Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- An active myUCLAhealth account
- A scheduled Video Visit appointment with your UCLA Health physician
How do I schedule a video visit?
Our UCLA Health primary and specialty care providers are available for online video visits or in-person visits. Please note that some appointments might require an in-person visit. To schedule a video visit:
- You can log into your myUCLAhealth account and click "Schedule a Visit". This will guide you to where you can select your provider.
- You can call your doctor’s office directly, or give us a call at 310-825-2631.
What does it cost?
Video visits are covered by most health plans and are also covered by Medicare during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Please note that many usual "face-to-face" services can be provided via video technology. However, preventive services such as well child checks and annual exams cannot be billed via telehealth. If these services are provided they will be billed as an "office visit via telehealth" and applicable insurance copayments and deductibles will apply.
Are video visits secure?
Yes, UCLA Health uses a HIPAA-compliant method for conducting video visits. This means the information is securely transmitted and is treated the same way it would be if you were meeting with your doctor in person.
Video Visit Troubleshooting Suggestions:
- If you're having any issues with your video visit, turn your phone completely off and back on.
- If the problem continues, try turning off Wi-Fi
- If you have audio problems, leave the meeting and try the following before rejoining:
- Ensure volume is turned up and phone audio is not turned off.
- Turn audio off and back on.
- If #1 or #2 does not work, try connecting wired headphones.
- Ensure you are on a browser other than Internet Explorer.
- If all else fails, please call the myUCLAhealth help desk at (855) 364-7052.
- Mental Health Care Needed More Than Ever During COVID-19 Pandemic — Telehealth Can Help Make it Happen
- Leverage Technology to Make Quarantine Easier
- Privacy Practices
- Terms and Conditions of Service (PDF)
The myUCLAhealth App is powered by MyChart® licensed from Epic Systems Corporation, © 1999 - 2022.