Let's slow the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe together.
Dear EXOS family,
Thank you for trusting our team here at UCLA Health Sports Performance for your performance and health journeys. Our commitment to keeping our staff and visitors safe is our top priority. We ask that you please read this important update that requires a COVID-19 vaccination verification or proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to visiting our programs located at UCLA Health Training Center.
Important visitor information:
In alignment with the most recent recommendations from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), COVID-19 vaccination verification is now required for visitors to UCLA Health Training Center starting on Monday September 27.
Starting Monday, September 27, UCLA Health will be conducting vaccine verification for visitors who are participating in or observing EXOS sports performance programs. This includes EXOS Team Fitness, EXOS Team Performance, and EXOS Sports Performance classes. As a reminder, masking is still required in all indoor settings.
For fully vaccinated visitors:
- On your next visit, please bring your COVID-19 vaccine verification with you, using one of the state-approved modes listed on our visitor guidelines page. We will only need to check this once.
For unvaccinated or partially vaccinated visitors:
- If you are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, you will need to have a negative COVID-19 test where the specimen collection occurred within 72 hours before visiting our facility.
- Per state requirement, the COVID-19 test must either have emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or be operating per the Laboratory Developed Test requirements by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Visitors can schedule a COVID-19 test at our UCLA Health medical centers if desired. Click on this link and select “testing” for more information. Visitors may choose an alternate provider for testing, such as a retail pharmacy, if this is more convenient. Visitors must show physical or digital documentation of the negative result with them prior to entering our facility. You may also email this documentation prior to entering our facility.
- At your next visit, we encourage you to arrive at least 5 minutes early and allow extra time to complete the verification process.
- Secure digital vaccine records. If you are a UCLA Health patient, you can access your COVID-19 digital vaccine record within myUCLAhealth under COVID-19 Information or Immunizations.
COVID-19 vaccine information. We encourage all eligible persons to get the COVID-19 vaccine. They are safe, effective, and widely available at this time. If you haven’t received your vaccine or need to complete your vaccine series, you can check for vaccine appointment availability on the County of Los Angeles Public Health website, vaccinefinder.org , which is endorsed by the CDC, or the state’s MyTurn.ca.gov website
EXOS Staff & Facility Guidelines
- CLEANING & SANITIZATION
- Our performance team will conduct facility cleaning between every training session on our schedule.
- Anti-viral sanitizer wipes are available throughout the facility for participant's voluntary usage. This is for equipment use only.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility for participant's voluntary usage.
- Bathroom amenities (wipes, lotions, etc) have been permanently removed from our operations.
- Bathroom floors are mopped daily
- Gym floors are vacuummed daily, and mopped bi-weekly.
- MODIFIED TRAINING OPERATIONS
- Maximum indoor class size has been reduced to 12 participants per class.
- Our schedule is spaced out to allow a minimum of 15 minutes between sessions for cleaning and class preparation.
- We will minimizing the use of shared equipment with training zones to allow a maximum of 4 per training zone.
EXOS Member Guidelines
- CLASS REGISTRATION
- Prior to your first visit, participants are required to complete our waiver form and code of conduct agreement.
- Registration for classes on Mindbody is 100% required. If you are not on our roster prior to class we cannot let you in.
- We will close online registration 1 hour prior to class start. This may change as we add more members to our program.
- Please email us if you are having issues accessing your Mindbody account.
- PARKING, ENTRY & EXIT PROCEDURES
- Please park on the North side of the facility on Campus Drive.
- Our double doors will open to allow clients inside 5 minutes prior to class.
- If there are other members waiting at the entrance before you, please avoid congregating by staying in your car.
- We will be conducting a contactless screening before entry. Please allow us to ask all questions and take your temperature.
- Please respectfully exit within 5 minutes after class to allow us time to clean all surfaces before the next training session.
- MASK POLICY
- Masks are required to be worn at all times during indoor training.
- CLASS PARTICIPATION
- We have taped the gym floors to guide you on where you should be. Please follow your coach's instructions on where you need to be.
- We added wheels to all our equipment racks so we can bring the equipment to you. For your safety, please allow EXOS staff members to move equipment and racks.
- IF YOU'RE SICK, STAY HOME
- Help us slow the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
- BE RESPECTFUL AND GRACEFUL
- Our EXOS staff members are working hard to stay on top of the latest updates from our medical experts. As a result, our operations have shifted dramatically and we are learning a lot during this process.
- Please be patient, respectful, and graceful towards EXOS staff and your fellow EXOS members. Our gym operations is always a work in progress and we are continually evaluating our operations to bring you the best experience we have to offer.
- If you have questions, concerns, or feedback about our safety practices, please kindly reach out to General Manager, Deviny Mo. All inquiries will be taken seriously, and we will work hard to ensure you feel safe and comfortable in our facility.