Adam N. Plotnik, MD
Dr. Adam Plotnik is a specialist in interventional radiology and diagnostic cardiovascular imaging at UCLA Medical Center. His areas of clinical expertise and research interests include uterine fibroid embolization, prostate artery embolization, deep vein thrombosis, and peripheral artery disease. He treats patients at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center Santa Monica, and Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital.
Dr. Plotnik earned his medical degree from the University of Melbourne in Australia. He then attended the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom to obtain a master's degree in Diagnostic Imaging and graduated with distinction. After returning to Australia to complete his radiology residency, Dr. Plotnik moved to UCLA where he completed fellowships in Diagnostic Cardiovascular Imaging and Interventional Radiology. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Plotnik accepted a faculty position at UCLA.
Dr. Plotnik is the co-director of the IVC Filter Clinic and a member of the UCLA Fibroid Treatment Program.
Medical Board Certifications
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Prostate Artery Embolization
- Liver Cancer
- AV Fistula
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- IVC Filters
- Srinivasan S, Kroeker RM, Gabriel S, Plotnik A, Godinez SR, Hu P, Halnon N, Finn JP, Ennis DB. Free Breathing Variable Flip Angle Balanced SSFP Cardiac Cine Imaging with Reduced SAR at 3T. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2015 Oct 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Rapacchi S, Smith RX, Wang Y, Yan L, Sigalov V, Krasileva KE, Karpouzas G, Plotnik A, Sayre J, Hernandez E, Verma A, Burkly L, Wisniacki N, Torrington J, He X, Hu P, Chiao PC, Wang DJ. Towards the Identification of Multi-Parametric Quantitative MRI Biomarkers in Lupus Nephritis. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 2015 Jun 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Plotnik AN, Hebroni F, McWilliams JM. Chronic portomesenteic venous thrombosis complicated by a high flow arteriovenous malformation presenting with gastrointestinal bleeding. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology. 2015 Apr 14.. [Epub ahead of print].
- Rashid S, Rapacchi S, Shivkumar K, Plotnik A, Finn JP, Hu P. Modified wideband three-dimensional late gadolinium enhancement MRI for patients with implantable cardiac devices. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2015 Mar. [Epub ahead of print]
- Han F, Rapacchi S, Khan S, Ayad I, Salusky I, Gabriel S, Plotnik A, Finn PJ, and Hu P. Four-dimensional, multiphase, steady-state imaging with contrast enhancement (MUSIC) in the heart: A feasibility study in children. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2014 Oct; 74 (4):1042-9
- Rapacchi S, Natsuaki Y, Plotnik A, Gabriel S, Laub G, Finn P, Hu P. Reducing View-sharing using Compressed Sensing in Time- Resolved Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Angiography. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2014 Aug; 74 (2):474-81
- Adibi A, Krishnam M, Dissanayake S, Plotnik AN, Arellano C, Mohajer K, Ruehm SG. Computed tomography angiography of lower extremities in the emergency room for evaluation of patients with gunshot wounds. European Radiology. 2014 Jul; 24 (7):1586-93
- McWilliams JP, Plotnik AN, Sako E, Raman SS, Tan N, Siripongsakun S, Douek M, Lu DS. Safety of hydroinfusion in percutaneous thermal ablation of hepatic malignancies. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2014 Jul; 25(7): 1118-1124
- Adibi A, Mohajer K, Plotnik A, Tognoli A, Biniwale R, Cheng W, Ruehm SG. Role of CT and MRI prior to redo sternotomy in pediatric patients with congenital heart disease. Clinical Radiology. 2014 Jun; 69(6): 574-80
- Klausner J, Harlander-Locke M, Plotnik AN, Lehrman E, Lawrence P. Current treatment of renal artery aneurysms may be too aggressive. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2014 May; 59(5): 1356-61