Adam N. Plotnik, MD
Los Angeles, California 90095
Dr. Adam Plotnik is a specialist in interventional radiology and diagnostic cardiovascular imaging at UCLA Medical Center. His areas of clinical expertise and research interests include uterine fibroid embolization, prostate artery embolization, deep vein thrombosis, and peripheral artery disease. He treats patients at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center Santa Monica, and Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital.
Dr. Plotnik earned his medical degree from the University of Melbourne in Australia. He then attended the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom to obtain a master's degree in Diagnostic Imaging and graduated with distinction. After returning to Australia to complete his radiology residency, Dr. Plotnik moved to UCLA where he completed fellowships in Diagnostic Cardiovascular Imaging and Interventional Radiology. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Plotnik accepted a faculty position at UCLA.
Dr. Plotnik is the co-director of the IVC Filter Clinic and a member of the UCLA Fibroid Treatment Program.
Dr. Plotnik is the current Vice-Chair of Diagnostic Services at Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital.
Medical Board Certification
Westwood Imaging Center & Interventional Radiology Clinic
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Prostate Artery Embolization
- Liver Cancer
- AV Fistula
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- IVC Filters
- Fletcher S, Plotnik A, Srinivasa RN, Chick JFB, Moriarty JM. Role of Inferior Vena Cava Filter Retrieval in Patients on Chronic Anticoagulation Therapy. Current Treatment Options in Cardiovascular Medicine. 2021 Jan; 23(14). DOI 10.1007/s11936-020-00891-1
- Plotnik AN, Srinivas RN, Szeder V, Moriaty J. Preservation of Posterior tibial artery flow following dissection with associated aneurysmal degeneration in Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type IV treated with Flow-Diverting Stent. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2021 Jan 24; S0890-5096(21)00066-2. Online ahead of print
- Schiro BJ, An T, Walker TG, Gemmete JJ, Angle JF, Plotnik AN, Suri R, Kalva SP, Dowell J, Moriarty J. Society of Interventional Radiology Guidelines and Statements Division 2020 Midyear Document Review. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2021 Jan;32(1):144-145.
- Roberts D, Callese TE, Okafor E, Naik P, Harrison B, Tse G, Plotnik AN, McWilliams JP. Prostatic artery embolization for lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia: A call for universal adoption of ejaculatory function reporting. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2020 Dec;31 (12): 2153-2156.
- Anderson D, Plotnik AN, Chick JFB, Srinivasa R. Percutaneous Hepatobiliary Endoscopy on the Interventional Radiology Suite. Digestive Disease Interventions. 2020 Nov;04(04): 395-400
- Mathevosian S, Cusumano LR, Moradzadeh N, Ranade A, Plotnik AN, McWilliams JP. Crossing Obturator Sign: Angiographic Feature to Aid Prostatic Artery Identification Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology.2020 Sep; 21; S1051-0443(20)30210-4.
- Albertson NR, Chick JFB, Jiao A, Healey TL, Plotnik AN, Srinivasa RN. Collaboration is Key - Bridging the Gap and Building an IR Endoscopy Practice. Techniques in Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2019 Sep;22(3): 125-126
- Mathevosian S, Plotnik AN, McWilliams JP. Prostate Artery Embolization for Giant Prostatic Enlargement: Short-Term Efficacy and Safety. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2019 Oct; 30(11): 1820-1823
- Quirk M, Srinivasa RN, McWilliams JP, Plotnik AN. Carbon Dioxide Angiography for Prostatic Artery Embolization in a Patient with Massive Prostatomegaly and Chronic Kidney Disease. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2019 Oct;30(10):1637-1639
- Roberts D, Plotnik AN, Chick JFB, Srinivasa RN. Interventional Radiology-operated percutaneous cholecystoscopy with ultrasonic lithotripsy and stone basket retrieval: a treatment for symptomatic cholelithiasis in non-operative candidates. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology. 2019 Mar 29. doi: 10.1111/1754-9485.12879. [Epub ahead of print]