Dr. Anne Lin attended Medical School at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA. She completed her General Surgery Residency at Brown University in Providence, RI. Following the completion of her surgical residency she pursued further training in Endorectal Ultrasound Imaging and colorectal cancer research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Cancer in New York, followed by a fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston. She was on staff as an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis from 2007 to 2011 where she was the director of the Inherited Colorectal Cancer Registry before joining the UCLA Department of Surgery.
Dr. Lin's research interests include patients with inherited colon cancer syndromes including Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and Hereditary Non-polyposis Colon Cancer (Lynch Syndrome), as well as patients with early-onset colorectal cancer. She is actively involved with the Inherited Colorectal Cancer Registry at UCLA.
- Assistant Professor, Colon and Rectal Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Collaborative Group of the Americas Inherited Colorectal Cancer
Medical Board Certifications
- Colorectal Cancer
- Inherited Gastrointestinal Cancer Syndromes (Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, Hereditary Non-polyposis Colon Cancer)
- Early-onset Colorectal Cancer
- Dharmarajan S, Schuai D, Fajardo E, Birnbaum E, Hunt S, Mutch M, Fleshman J, Lin A. Neoadjuvant Therapy for Stage III Rectal Cancer Negates the Effect of Enlarged Lateral Pelvic Lymph Nodes. J Gastrointest Surg. Epub 2011 May 2.
- Lin AY, Wong WD, Temple L, Shia J, Minsky B, Guillem J, Paty P, Weiser M. Predictive Clinicopathologic Factors for Limited Response of T3 Rectal Cancer to Combined Modality Therapy. Int J Colorectal Dis. 23(3):243-9. Epub 2007 Nov 29.
- Lin AY, Weiser M, Klimstra D, Tang L, Al-Ahmadie H, Paty P, Wong WD, Gerald W, Shia J. Differential Expression of Alpha-Methylacyl-coA Racemase in Colorectal Carcinoma Bears Clinical and Pathological Significance. Hum Pathol 38(6):850-6;2007. Epub 2007 April 18.
- Lin AY, Szmydynger-Chodobska J, Rahman MP, Mayer B, Monfils PR, Johanson CE, Lim YP, Corsetti S,Chodobski A. Immunohistochemical Localization of Nitric Oxide Synthase in Rat Choroid Artery Stromal Vessels, Choroid Plexus Epithelial Cells. Cell and Tissue Research 285:411-8; 1996.
- Szmydynger-Chodobska J, Monfils PR, Lin AY, Rahman MP, Johanson CE, Chodobski A. NADPHdiaphorase Histochemistry of Rat Choroid Plexus Blood Vessels and Epithelium. Neuroscience Letters 208:179-82; 1996.
- Lin AY, Schrag D, Wong WD. Adjuvant and Neoadjuvant Therapy for Colorectal Carcinoma. In: Bland KI, Büchler MW, Csendes A, Garden OJ, Sarr MG, Wong J (eds). General Surgery: Principles and International Practice. Guildford, UK: Springer-Verlag London Ltd. 2008.
- Nogueras J, Lin A. Fecal incontinence: Surgical Management. In: Sands L, Sands D. Ambulatory Colorectal Surgery, Taylor & Francis, Inc., December 2008.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Pilot Studies Research Grant Award, Department of Clinical Research, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2006