Dr. Oberman has a passion for Women's Health and brings her experience and enthusiasm to women of all ages seeking care at UCLA's Department of OBGYN. She provides comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological care. Her clinical practice includes general obstetrics, with a particular interest in women interested in a trial of labor after a cesarean section, general gynecology, abnormal cervical cytology, fibroids, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, family planning, contraception and preconception consultations.
Dr. Erica Oberman is board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Medical Board Certification
Comparing Options for Management: Patient-Centered Results for Uterine Fibroids (COMPARE-UF)
The long-term objective of this project is to enable patients with uterine fibroids to make informed decisions about management options based on the highest possible quality evidence. To help achieve this objective, this study will create a nationwide multi-center registry of a geographically, racially, ethnically, and clinically diverse group of women who have received medical or surgical treatment for fibroids. The aim of the registry is to conduct comparative effectiveness studies of various fibroid treatments to improve counseling and informed decision-making for women with fibroids. COMPARE-UF consists of 9 sites across the country. Site PI; Study expected to start late 2015
Head Gynecologist and UCLA Site Gynecologist for "A Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial of Estriol Treatment in Women with Multiple Sclerosis: Effect on Cognition." (P.I. Dr. Rhonda Voskuhl)
A Combination Trial of Copaxone plus Estriol in RRMS"- Co-investigator, (P.I. Dr Rhonda Voskuhl) RG3915-A-15, National MS Society (co-funded with NIH R01 NS051591) This is a multicenter trial using an estrogen to treat patients with MS.
- Jacoby, V, Parvataneni, R, Oberman, E, Salamat Saberi, N, Varon, S, Schembri, M, Wateen, L. Elaine Laparoscopic Radiofrequency Ablation of Uterine Leiomyomas: Clinical Outcomes during Early Adoption into Surgical Practice Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology (2019), doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2019.7.025
- Oberman, E, Chen, A, Bukowski, K Anesthesia care for second-trimester termination procedures: A retrospective study comparing three different cervical blocks. J Clinical Obstet Gynecol Infertil. 2018; 2(2): 1034
- Oberman, E, Rodriguez-Triana, V Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Treatment Options Clinical Obstet Gynecol. 2018 March;61:72-75
- Oberman, E 25 year old woman with a history of DVT present for preconception counseling (evaluation and management). In: Chelmow D, Karjane N, Ricciotti HA, Young A ed. Office Gynecology, A Case-Based Approach. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, UK, Kim C, Oberman E, Chen, AY: Abortion. DiSaia PJ, Chaudhuri G, Giudice LC, Moore TR, Porto M, Smith LH (eds) Women’s Health Review-A Clinical Update in Obstetrics-Gynecology. Philadelphia, Elsevier
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2020
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2019