Associate Professor, Division of Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Urology.
Dr. Kim received her medical degree from the highly regarded combined BA/MD program at Rice University and Baylor College of Medicine. She completed Residency in Urology at Cleveland Clinic during which time she dedicated a year in basic science research focusing on animal models of incontinence. After finishing two years of fellowship in Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery at UCLA, she was recruited to join Dr. Shlomo Raz in 2009.
Dr. Kim's clinical interests encompasses neurogenic and non-neurogenic voiding dysfunction, urinary and fecal incontinence, neuromodulation for overactive bladder and urinary retention, vaginal prolapse, genitourinary reconstruction, and other areas of pelvic medicine, including recurrent urinary tract infections. She has trained extensively in pelvic floor reconstruction and robotic/laparoscopic surgery to provide innovative quality care to help patients regain function and improve quality of life.
Medical Board Certifications
Areas of Focus
- Overactive Bladder
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Super Doctors® Southern California, 2023
- Exceptional Physician of the Year Award, UCLA Health Center, 2015
- CUA Young Leadership Award, California Urologic Association, 2012
- American Board of Urology/European Association of Urology Exchange Scholar, 2012
- Visiting Resident, Harry M. Spence Visiting Professorship, UT Southwestern Urology, 2007
- Traveling Resident Scholarship to Vietnam, International Volunteers in Urology, 2006 – 2007
- Third Place in Resident Research Essay Contest, Ohio Urological Society Meeting, 2005
- Eli Lilly Scholarship, American Urogynecology Society/Society of Gynecologic Surgeons, 2004
- Arnold Award for Excellence in Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, 2001
- Winner of The James K. Alexander Research Symposium, Baylor College of Medicine, 2001
- Rice / Baylor Scholar, Combined B.A./M.D. Program, 1993 – 2001
- J.S. Fulton Outstanding Senior Award, Rice University, 1997
- Herbert S. Allen Merit Scholarship, Rice University, 1993 – 1997
- President's Honor Roll, Rice University, 1993 – 1997
- Robert J. Byrd Merit Scholarship, Texas Board of Education, 1993 – 1997