Dr. Jeffrey is a child and adolescent psychiatrist at the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. She is the Associate Director of Ambulatory Services within the UCLA Department of Psychiatry and she also serves as the Associate Director of the Division of Population Behavioral Health at the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. Additionally, Dr. Jeffrey is the Lead Child Psychiatrist at UCLA Behavioral Health Associates. Dr. Jeffrey is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She has published articles in the fields of psychiatry and health care systems, spanning topics including integrated behavioral healthcare, anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis, and quality of life in depression. Dr. Jeffrey is interested in systems of health care delivery, quality improvement and family resilience. She also has a strong interest in advocacy for improved child mental health access. Dr. Jeffrey serves on the Psychoharmacologic Drug Advisory Committee for the FDA.
Medical Board Certifications
- Clarke, R. M., Jeffrey, J., Grossman, M., Strouse, T., Gitlin, M., & Skootsky, S. A. (2016). Delivering on accountable care: Lessons from a behavioral health program to improve access and outcomes. Health Affairs,35(8), 1487-1493.
- IsHak, W. W., Bokarius, A., Jeffrey, J. K., Davis, M. C., & Bakhta, Y. (2010). Disorders of orgasm in women: A literature review of etiology and current treatments. The journal of sexual medicine, 7(10), 3254-3268.
- Jeffrey, J., Dumont, R. A., Kim, G. Y., & Kuo, T. (2011). Effects of international health electives on medical student learning and career choice. Fam Med, 43(1), 21-28.
- Jeffrey J, Sternfeld I, Tager I. Community Violence as a predictor of childhood asthma hospitalization rates, Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2006; 54(1), S148
- Jeffrey J, Sternfeld I, Tager I. The association between childhood asthma and community violence, Los Angeles County, 2000. Public Health Rep. 2006; Nov- Dec; 121(6): 720-8. PMID: 17278407.
- IsHak WW, Davis M, Jeffrey J, Balayan K, Pechnick RN, Bagot K, Rapaport MH. The role of dopaminergic agents improving quality of life in major depressive disorder. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2009; Dec;11(6): 503-8. PMID: 19909674.
- IsHak WW, Bokarius A, Jeffrey JK, Davis MC, Bakhta Y. Disorders of orgasm in women: a literature review of etiology and current treatments. J Sex Med. 2010; Oct;7(10): 3254-68. PMID: 20584112.
- Jeffrey J, Dumont RA, Kim GY, Kuo T. Effects of international health electives on medical student learning and career choice: results of a systematic literature review. Fam Med. 2011; Jan;43(1):21-8. PMID: 21213133.
- IsHak WW, Greenberg JM, Balayan K, Kapitanski N, Jeffrey J, Fathy H, Fakhry H, Rapaport MH. Quality of life: the ultimate outcome measure of interventions in major depressive disorder. Harvard Review of Psychiatry. 2011; Sep-Oct;19(5):229-39. PMID: 21916825.
- Kruse JL*, Jeffrey JK*, Davis MC, Dearlove J, IsHak WW, Brooks JO. Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis: Two Case Reports and a Review of Psychiatric Manifestations and Management. Annals of Clinical Psychiatry. 2014; Feb1;26(1):E1-E9. PMID: 24501734. *indicates equal contributions as co-first authors
- Jeffrey, J. Quality improvement in resident education: a pilot project to mitigate metabolic side effects from atypical antipsychotic medications in youth. BMJ Qual Improv Report 2015;4:1-6. doi:10.1136/bmjquality.u208804.w3544.
- Jeffrey, J, Martini R. "Behavioral Health Integration within Primary Care: A Primer". Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Connect. 2015; Fall;2(4):14-17.
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2021
- Super Doctors® Southern California Rising Stars 2020