Jonathan W. Said, MD
Anatomic Pathology| Clinical and Laboratory Pathology
Academic Title: Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Chief of Hematopathology
- Director Research Immunohistochemistry
- Chief of Genitourinary Pathology
- Member of ACCESS Program: Dept. of Cellular & Molecular Pathology
- JCCC Hematopoietic Malignancies Program Area
Medical Board Certifications
Pathology-Clinical, American Board of Pathology, 1979
Pathology-Anatomic, American Board of Pathology, 1976
Brigham and Women's Hospital, 1977
Brigham and Women's Hospital, 1976
Boston University Medical Center, 1974
Johannesburg General Hospital, 1972
University of the Witwatersrand Medical School, MD, 1971
- Kawabata H, Fleming RE, Gui D, Moon SY, Saitoh T, O'Kelly J, Umehara Y, Wano Y, Said JW, Koeffler HP Expression of hepcidin is down-regulated in TfR2 mutant mice manifesting a phenotype of hereditary hemochromatosis. Blood. 2005; 105(1): 376-81.
- Sakajiri S, Kumagai T, Kawamata N, Saitoh T, Said JW, Koeffler HP Histone deacetylase inhibitors profoundly decrease proliferation of human lymphoid cancer cell lines. Experimental hematology. 2005; 33(1): 53-61.
- Takeuchi S, de Vos S, Takeuchi N, Fermin AC, Grogan TM, Seo H, Said JW, Koeffler HP Allelic loss during progression of follicular lymphoma. Leukemia research. 2004; 28(6): 567-9.
- Tsukasaki K, Tanosaki S, DeVos S, Hofmann WK, Wachsman W, Gombart AF, Krebs J, Jauch A, Bartram, CR, Nagai K, Tomonaga M, Said JW, Koeffler HP Identifying progression-associated genes in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma by using oligonucleotide microarrays. International journal of cancer. Journal international du cancer. 2004; 109(6): 875-81.
- Xie D, Yin D, Tong X, O'Kelly J, Mori A, Miller C, Black K, Gui D, Said JW, Koeffler HP Cyr61 is overexpressed in gliomas and involved in integrin-linked kinase-mediated Akt and beta-catenin-TCF/Lef signaling pathways. Cancer research. 2004; 64(6): 1987-96.
- Kumagai, T Ikezoe, T Gui, D O'Kelly, J Tong, XJ Cohen, FJ, Said, JW, Koeffler, HP RWJ-241947 (MCC-555), a unique peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligand with antitumor activity against human prostate cancer in vitro and in beige/nude/ X-linked immunodeficient mice and enhancement of apoptosis in myeloma cells induced by arsenic trioxide. Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research. 2004; 10(4): 1508-20.