Dr. Kyle Zanocco is a Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Dr. Kyle Zanocco is a board-certified, fellowship-trained endocrine surgeon. After graduating with distinction in research from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Dr. Zanocco received his surgical residency training at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. He then completed a clinical fellowship in endocrine surgery at UCLA.
An accomplished surgical outcomes researcher, Dr. Zanocco has published and lectured extensively on developing optimal strategies for the treatment of thyroid cancer and hyperparathyroidism. He currently sits on the American Thyroid Association Clinical Affairs Committee and serves as an ad hoc peer reviewer for the journals Surgery and Thyroid.
Medical Board Certification
Areas of Focus
- Zanocco K, Butt Z, Kaltman D, Elaraj D, Cella D, Holl JL, Sturgeon C. Improvement in patient-reported physical and mental health after parathyroidectomy for primary hyperparathyroidism. Surgery. 2015 Sep;158(3):837-45. Cited in Pubmed; PMID 26032828.
- Wu JX, Beni CE, Zanocco KA, Sturgeon C, Yeh MW. Cost-Effectiveness of Long-Term Every Three-Year Versus Annual Postoperative Surveillance for Low-Risk Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Thyroid. 2015 Jul;25(7):797-803. Cited in Pubmed; PMID 25851702.
- Cham S, Zanocco K, Sturgeon C, Yeh M, Harari A. Risk based ultrasound screening for thyroid cancer in obese patients is cost-effective. Thyroid. 2014 Jun; 24(6):975-86. Cited in Pubmed; PMID 24512476.
- Zanocco K, Elaraj D, Sturgeon C. Routine prophylactic central neck dissection for low-risk papillary thyroid cancer: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Surgery. 2013 Dec; 154(6):1148-55. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 24383082.
- Zanocco K, Heller M, Elaraj D, Sturgeon C. The cost-effectiveness of intraoperative pathology examination during diagnostic hemithyroidectomy for unilateral follicular thyroid neoplasms. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2013 Oct;217(4):702-10. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 23810576.
- Zanocco K, Pitelka-Zengou L, Dalal S, Elaraj, D, Sturgeon C. Routine on-site evaluation of specimen adequacy during initial ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of thyroid nodules: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2013 Aug;20(8):2462-7. Cited in PubMed; PMID 23529781.
- Parikh N, Zanocco K, Keswani RN, Gawron AJ. A cost efficacy decision analysis of prophylactic clip placement after endoscopic removal of large polyps. Clinical Gastrenterology and Hepatology. 2013 Oct;11(10):1319-24. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 23376322.
- Heller M, Zanocco K, Zydowicz S, Elaraj D, Nayar R, Sturgeon C. Cost-effectiveness analysis of repeat fine-needle aspiration for thyroid biopsies read as atypia of undetermined significance. Surgery. 2012 Sep; 152(3):423-30. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 22938902.
- Zanocco K, Heller M, Elaraj D, Sturgeon C. Is subtotal thyroidectomy a cost-effective treatment for Graves' disease? A cost-effectiveness analysis of the medical and surgical treatment options. Surgery. 2012 Aug; 152(2):164-72. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 22503512.
- Zanocco K, Heller M, Sturgeon C. Cost-effectiveness of parathyroidectomy for primary hyperparathyroidism. Endocrine Practice. 2011 Mar; 17(Suppl 1):69-74. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21247844.