Malcolm B. Taw, MD
Westlake Village, California 91361
Malcolm B. Taw, MD, FACP, is Director of the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine in Westlake Village and Director of the UCLA Integrative East-West Medicine Musician Wellness Program. He is Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and received his BS and MD from the Joint Biomedical Sciences program at the University of California, Riverside and the UCLA School of Medicine. Dr. Taw completed his residency at the UCLA-San Fernando Valley Program, fellowships in Integrative Medicine at the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine and through the Bravewell Collaborative/University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, the NIH-supported K30 Program in Translational Investigation at UCLA and a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine. He is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) in Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology. He is also a member of the Performing Arts Medicine Association (PAMA) and serves as Program Co-Chair for the 37th Annual PAMA International Symposium (Video). In collaboration with the UCLA Department of Head and Neck Surgery, he is co-investigator on a prospective study evaluating the effectiveness of integrative East-West medicine to improve outcomes in patients with refractory chronic rhinosinusitis. Dr. Taw currently serves on the Complementary/Integrative Medicine committee for the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery and the Medical Advisory Board for Nordic Integrative Medicine. He has also been interviewed and quoted by several media sources, including NBC, the Wall Street Journal, Time, the Los Angeles Times, Discovery Channel, Natural Solutions magazine, Whole Living, the Ventura County Star and ENT Today.
Medical Board Certification
- UCLA Exceptional Physician Award, 2015
- Southern California Rising Stars, Super Doctors®, 2013
Westlake Village East-West Medicine
Center for East-West Medicine
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center
- Pilot Study on Refractory Chronic Rhinosinusitis Using Integrative East-West Medicine
- Joint Collaboration with UCLA Department of Head & Neck Surgery
- Taw MB. Integrative East-West Medicine for Reflux Disease. In: Jamal, Wang: Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease: Integrative Approaches. New York, NY: Springer; 2019 (Chapter 9) p.115-129.
- Taw MB, Shubov A. Acupuncture for Gastrointestinal Disorders. Second Ed. In: Mullin, Singh, Parian: Integrative Gastroenterology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2019 (Chapter 11). Weil Integrative Medicine Library Series.
- Taw MB. Integrative medicine, or not integrative medicine: that is the question. J Integr Med. 2015 Nov;13(6):350-2.
- Taw MB, Reddy WD, Omole FS, Seidman MD. Acupuncture and allergic rhinitis. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 Jun;23(3):216-20.
- Tunkel DE, Bauer CA, Sun GH, Rosenfeld RM, Chandrasekhar SS, Cunningham ER, Archer SM, Blakley BW, Carter JM, Granieri EC, Henry JA, Hollingsworth D, Khan FA, Mitchell S, Monfared A, Newman CW, Omole FS, Phillips D, Robinson SK, Taw MB, Tyler RS, Waguespack RW, Whamond EJ; American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Clinical Practice Guideline: Tinnitus. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014 Oct; 151(S2):S1-S40.
- Taw LB, Taw MB, Maish MM. East-West Approach to Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting. Proceedings of UCLA Healthcare. Volume 18 (2014).
- Taw MB, Nguyen CT, Wang MB. Complementary and integrative treatments: rhinosinusitis. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2013 Jun;46(3):345-66.
- Nguyen CT, Taw MB, Wang MB. Complementary and integrative treatments: balance disorders. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2013 Jun;46(3):409-22.
- Taw MB, Taw LB. Chronic Urticaria – An Integrative East-West Approach. Proceedings of UCLA Healthcare. Volume 17 (2013).
- Taw LB, Taw MB. Integrative Medical Therapy for Dumping Syndrome. Proceedings of UCLA Healthcare. Volume 17 (2013).
- Suh JD, Wu AW, Taw MB, Nguyen C, Wang MB. Treatment of recalcitrant chronic rhinosinusitis with integrative East-West medicine: A pilot study. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Mar;138(3):294-300.
In the News
- How Your Supplements Interact With Prescription Drugs The Wall Street Journal (February 29, 2016)
- Can Influenza Sorbet Relieve Your Flu Symptoms? Time (January 25, 2013)
- A Life In Balance LA Times (January 12, 2013)