Mario C. Deng, MD
Dr. Deng is an internationally recognized leader in heart transplant, mechanical circulatory support and the management of advanced heart failure. His research interests focus on the survival and quality-of-life benefit offered by heart transplantation, mechanical circulatory support and other treatment options. Dr. Deng has been a pioneer in translating advances in basic science research into treatments for advanced heart failure, particularly addressing the interactions between the cardiovascular and immune systems.
Embedding systems biological outcome precision prediction tools
into the clinical framework of a humanistically sound high-tech modern
medicine practice is reflected in Dr Deng’s research collaboration with
Professor Federica Raia (UCLA SE&IS and DGSOM) in the “Relational
Medicine™” project. Together with Professor Raia, he developed the
Relational Medicine Theory with the core concept of the Relational Act
to improve the understanding and practice of modern medicine.
UCLA Heart Transplant Program Five Year Report 2016
- UCLA Integrated Advanced Heart Failure Program Development 2011-2015: Integrative Vision and Five Year Experience
- International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation
- Relational Medicine Foundation
In the News
- Super Doctors® Southern California, 2023
- 27 Top/Best Cardiologists, Forbes, 2023