Dr. Pauline Yi is a board-certified physician and assistant clinical professor for the Department of Internal Medicine & Pediatrics. She graduated from Cornell University, cum laude, and completed her medical degree and residency training at Rutgers University. Before joining the faculty at UCLA, she completed an adult rheumatology fellowship at Columbia University. Dr. Yi is bilingual, English and Korean.
She provides comprehensive care to her patients from birth to geriatrics using the most up-to-date evidence based medicine. Her clinical interests includes, but not limited to, preventative health screening and monitoring, adolescent/young adult medicine, women's health, and joint/arthritis pain.
Dr. Yi believes that understanding one's health is essential in the prevention and absence of disease. She encourages partnership between herself and her patient to promote mind and body wellness. She looks forward to listening, serving, and supporting her patients as they work towards their health goals together. In her free time, Dr. Yi enjoys spending time with her family and friends and traveling around the world.
She currently works at two locations - Beverly Hills and Downtown Los Angeles. (at the BLOC)
Medical Board Certifications
Areas of Focus
- Gout, Rheumatologic Diseases. Netter's Integrated Review of Medicine, 2020
- Yi P, Conlon H, Watt, M, Imundo LF. Transition of Pediatric Lupus Patients to Adult Care: A Three-year Follow-Up; Outcomes from a Single Center. Pediatric Rheumatology 2019 17(Suppl 1):18
- Yi P, Conlon H, Yun JH, Neville K, Danias G, Askanase A, Imundo LF. Parental Involvement and Adolescents/Young Adults Self-Management during the Transition Period: A Cross-Sectional Survey in Childhood Onset Rheumatic Diseases. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2018; 70
- Broderick R, Kazeros A, Beniaminovitz A, Fazlollahi L, Yi P, Brogno D, Nickerson KG. A Unifying Diagnosis: IgG4- Related Disease. Am J Med.
- Nabil Abou Baker, Priya Patel, Pauline Yi, Celestine Odenigbo, Evan Orosz, Kristin Wong. "Assessing Pediatric Medical Transition Readiness in an Urban Environment." Med-Peds Program Directors Association Conference; Las Vegas, NV 2016
- Sara S. Morelli, Pauline Yi, and Laura T. Goldsmith, "Endometrial Stem Cells and Reproduction," Obstetrics and Gynecology International, vol. 2012, Article ID 851367, 5 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/851367
- "Lost in Transition: Pediatrics to Adult Rheumatology," Rheumatology Division Grand Rounds, Columbia University, October 2016
- "MAS and Cytokine Directed Therapies, Part I," Rheumatology Division Grand Rounds, Columbia University, December 2016
- "MAS and Cytokine Directed Therapies, Part II," Rheumatology Division Grand Rounds, Columbia University, January 2016
- "Uveitis and Spondylarthropathy" Rheumatology Division Grand Rounds, Columbia University, January 2016
- "Lupus and Congenital Heart Block," Rheumatology Division Grand Rounds, Columbia University, May 2016
- "Outcomes of Pediatric Lupus" Rheumatology Division Grand Rounds, Columbia University, October 2017
- "BaFF and Autoimmunity," Rheumatology Division Grand Rounds, Columbia University, January 2017
- 2006 Cum Laude, Cornell University