Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Minor Volunteer
COVID-19 UPDATE: In accordance and support with the campus and health sciences guidelines, please see the following impacts and/or effect:
- Pre-Screening Applications for Clinical Volunteer Programs will resume.
- On-Boarding Appointments are temporarily cancelled, however, we are preparaing to implement alternative On-Boarding Appointments.
- Final Session Orientations will be held remotely.
- All in-person and onsite volunteering are temporarily paused. We are taking this proactive measure for the safety of our volunteers and staff.
- Remote volunteering (restrictions apply) are optional for those eligible and have completed the clearance process. (VPN access are not permitted)
- "Clinical Activities": activities that will involve ANY of the following:
- Patient or human research subject contact/interaction
- Access to or handle any identifiable/clinical/medical information
- Perform any duties involving activity within clinical settings and areas (i.e. hospital, clinics, waiting rooms, etc.)
- "Health Sciences Minor Volunteers": You are a high school student or underage individual who is 16-17 years old and will be volunteering your time to assist UCLA Faculty and Staff without any form of compensation. As a minor (ages 16-17 years), you will be restricted to clerical and basic research duties.
- If you are a UCLA Student under the age of 18 years AND enrolling in a UCLA elective research course (i.e. SRP), you must have your inviting faculty complete the Minor Volunteer Scope of Duties (MSOD) Forms.
- UCLA Students who are under the age of 18 and will be conducting research for a UCLA elective research course, your inviting faculty must submit a request for Exception to Policy for office approval.
To Start, Submit the Completed and Signed Assignment Forms:
- Before Proceeding: Your inviting faculty/supervisors should read the Volunteer Guidelines.
- Step 1: Required Assignment Forms (Clinical)
- Your inviting faculty/supervisor must provide you with the completed and signed the Assignment Forms. Forms must be submitted online, please ensure you have your forms intact in the following files and format:
Required Form #1 (One PDF File): Minor Volunteer Scope Of Duties Form (MSOD Form) Please ensure your inviting supervisor indicated "Clinical" for the type of assignment. Each volunteer must have this form.
Required Form #2 (One PDF File): Volunteer Personal Device Form (even if you will not use a personal device). Each volunteer must have this form.
Only if you are enrolling in SRP for the assignment (One PDF File): Signed COPY of your UCLA SRP Contract
Please contact the coordinator at CRV@mednet.ucla.edu for assistance with creating your form and its addendums into one PDF.
If you need Adobe Reader to open PDF (Portable Document Format) files, please see free software from Adobe's webpage: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
STEP 2: Submit your Online Pre-Screening Application
- Once you have your completed Required Assignment Forms, you must submit an Online Pre-Screening Application and upload the Required Assignment Forms:
- Once submitted, the forms will be reviewed. If you or your supervisor do not receive a response email within 3 business days, please follow up via email.
- Note: If the form is missing ANY information (unanswered questions) or requires clarifications/revisions, the inviting supervisor will be contacted to clarify and respond. The approval process for the form will be delayed as completed forms are approved first. Please submit your online Pre-Screening Applicaiton and Assignment forms at least 2-3 weeks BEFORE your expected start date (typically the turnaround time to COMPLETE clearances is 1-2 weeks).
After Submission of the Form
For any questions, please contact the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office.