The Volunteer Services Student Program is divided into four separate programs.
- General Student Program (Year-Round) - Undergrad/Recent Graduate Students
- General Student Program (Summer Only) - High School Students
- Pre-Med Summer Scholars (Summer Only) - High School Students
- Mattel Youth Ambassador ( Virtual Only) - Mattel Youth Ambassadors
*The minimum age to volunteer in any program is 16 years old.
Once you are accepted into the program, you may choose to begin your volunteering rotation in one of the following critical areas:
- Patient Transport
Qualifications and Health Requirements
- Minimum age 16 years old
- Agreement to volunteer for 100 hours
- Proof of Varicella, MMR immunizations, QuantiFERON-TB Gold blood test and be fully vacinated and boosted for COVID-19 . Please click here for detailed information on health requirements.
- Medical Clearance Form signed by a physician
- If you currently hold a non-immigrant VISA or VISA Waiver status, our office is only approved to process international students who are full-time matriculating UCLA Students on F-1 Visas issued by Dashew Center.
How do I apply to the General Student Program?
Please note the Westwood student program is full and will re-open in August 2023.
All students must first sign up for a mandatory Information Session. Applications will be sent via email only to those who attend the Information Session. Volunteer selection occurs after the Information Session. Once accepted you will be required to submit paperwork and medical requirements. Once everything is completed, you must attend a Student Orientation.
NOTE: Please do not mail or drop off application. Applications are ONLY accepted online.
Due to detailed onboarding procedures, all prospective volunteers should plan to visit the volunteer services office 2-3 times before volunteering.
If you have any questions please email the Student Volunteer Program at [email protected]