Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Requirements
UPDATE (3/7/2022): Please note the following changes/impacts:
- New Applicants: We have implemented a new Database System. Please see below for the new process.
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences registered Volunteers may continue to resume onsite activities within the locations according to their approved scope of duties.
- Locations must be Non-Clinical buildings ONLY as indicated in their Scope.
- Requirements to be onsite:
- Volunteers must be currently registered and maintain “active” status under the faculty/staff’s assignment (faculty/staff will be notified of who is under their supervision today).
- Volunteers must wear their UCLA Volunteer ID Badge at all times WITH the COVID/Flu Badge buddies and Booster Sticker attached in order to be onsite. Our office handles the badging and sticker process.
- Volunteers must adhere to current UCLA Health COVID Guidelines and Protocols such as masking, physical distancing, hand hygiene, symptom tracker, and any updated requirements (i.e. Booster stickers, etc.).
- Volunteers are required to complete all training and health updates prompted by our office’s new database system. Please remind your volunteers to complete their expired/missing requirements as soon as possible.
Overview of the Entire Process:
- Read the Volunteer Eligibility Requirements to make sure they qualify for volunteer status
- Apply as a new volunteer (or existing volunteer adding the new assignment) through the Opportunity link (Inviting Supervisors should have these to send to you via email)
- Complete the rest of the Volunteer Application via the Volunteer Dashboard
- Wait for confirmation email from the system to start the rest of the steps (our staff review the prescreening questions which are based on the eligibility criteria)
- Complete the rest of the steps (Paperwork and Forms, Background Check, Training Certificates, and Immunizations/Health Clearance Requirements)
- Attend On-Boarding Follow-Up Session with our coordinator
- Complete Orientation and Quiz
- Obtain clearance email and link to obtain an ID Badge from our office
Paperwork and Forms
EXPECT the following Paperwork to be completed as part of your Onboarding Process (via DocuSign):
- UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Coversheet
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Agreement
- Elder, Child, and Domestic Abuse Reporting Forms
- Patent Acknowledgement Form
- Election for Worker's Compensation Form
- Code of Conduct Attestation
- Sexual Harassment Attestation
- Minor Volunteers will be required to sign additional forms with their parents/guardians.
EXPECT the following Trainings to be completed as part of your Onboarding Appointment:
- HIPAA Privacy and Information Security Training
- CICARE Annual On-Line Training
- Radiation Safety: Radiation Hazard Awareness Training
- Encryption Policy: Use of Mobile Devices and Removable Media Policy Attestation
- Volunteers Cyber Security Training
- UCLA Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Training Modules
- Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences (NCUHS) Volunteer Program Training
- Laboratory Safety Fundamentals Training from UCLA Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) (Only if you will be in a lab or with lab experiments)
Immunization/Health Clearance Requirements
EXPECT the following Health Clearance items to be completed as part of your Onboarding Appointment:
1. Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap) Declination Form
2. Hepatitis B Vaccine (Hep B) Declination Form
3. Influenza Vaccine (Flu)
- Effective immediately, all volunteers within the Health Sciences Campus (including those in non-clinical assignments) are required to be compliant with the Influenza Vaccination requirement.
- Medical documentation of ONE Influenza (Flu) Vaccine administered On or AFTER August 1 of the calendar year. (Only required during Flu Season, effective November 1 to March/April.)
- Flu Vaccine Documentation is required for those attending On-Boarding Appointments between mid-October and April.
4. COVID-19 Vaccines
For any additional questions NOT listed in our FAQs, please contact the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office.