Step 3: Final Session Orientation
Final Session Orientation
Background checks (and/or IRB/IBC/ARC approvals, if applicable) may take up to a week or longer to clear. Once you have been cleared, you will receive a "Background Check Results" email from our office giving you instructions on how to sign up for a Final Session Orientation. Please use the link in your "Final Session Sign Up" email to sign up.
COVID-19 Update: Final Session Orientations will be held remotely in accordance with the temporary pause of all in-person and onsite activities.
What to Expect:
- The coordinator will send an email with instructions on completing the Final Session Orientation
- Please READ the Orientation Information Guide covering policies and guidelines for Volunteers/UCLA SRP Students:
- An Online QUIZ will be included in the email and all answers are provided to you through the orientation guide, so please read the guide carefully and thoroughly.
Once you pass the QUIZ:
- You will be activated in the Volunteer database system, however, due to a temporary PAUSE, please see how to proceed:
- Photo ID Applications and Clearance Forms will be ready for pick-up once the PAUSE is lifted, we will send an email with further updates.
- You should NOT come in person to volunteer or conduct research onsite.
- If approved by your supervisor, you can help temporarily with remote volunteering if you have VICNET access:
- If you must be onsite to volunteer, please request a leave of absence:
- 90 days or less since your last logged activity, please inform your supervisors only. If you need more time, please REPLY.
- 90 days or more since your last logged activity, please inform your supervisors and REPLY.
For questions, please visit our FAQ Page.