Step 3: Final Session Orientation
Final Session Orientation
Background checks (and/or IRB/IBC/ARC approvals, if applicable) may take up to a week or longer to clear. Once you have been cleared, you will receive a "Final Session" email from our office giving you instructions on how to complete the Orientation.
COVID-19 Update: Final Session Orientations will be held remotely in accordance with the temporary pause of all in-person and onsite activities.
NOTE: We are transitioning to a new Database System. The following process will no longer be valid soon as we are pausing the process after 1/14/2022-1/21/2022 to prepare for the new process. Please check back after 1/24/2022 for more information.
What to Expect:
- The coordinator will send an email with instructions on completing the Final Session Orientation
- Please READ the Orientation Information Guide covering policies and guidelines for Volunteers/UCLA SRP Students:
- An Online QUIZ will be included in the email and all answers are provided to you through the orientation guide, so please read the guide carefully and thoroughly.
Once you pass the QUIZ:
- REPLY to the email as our coordinators will not automatically be notified if you passed the quiz or not.
- You will be activated in the Volunteer database system and a clearance confirmation email will be sent to you and your supervisor on how to proceed.
- Photo ID Applications will be ready for pick-up, instructions will be included in the clearance confirmation email.
- Volunteers are required to wear their Volunteer ID Badge with proper badge buddies attached at all times when on shift. COVID badge buddies are required at all times, Flu badge buddies are required only during Flu season.
- You should NOT come in person to volunteer or conduct research onsite until approved AND badged with proper badge buddies attached.
- If approved by your supervisor, you can help temporarily with remote volunteering if you have VICNET access:
For questions, please visit our FAQ Page.