The Microbiome Core performs 16S rRNA sequencing, shotgun metagenomics, and metatranscriptomics of human and animal samples (including feces, tissues, and intestinal lavage material) as well as other services related to microbiome studies. Samples can be delivered frozen, at room temperature in a preservative such as 95% ethanol, or as extracted DNA. Sequence data are provided as fastq files and count tables of taxa, genes, or transcripts. The Jacobs Laboratory is happy to collaborate on bioinformatics analysis of microbiome data in conjunction with other datasets (e.g. clinical metadata, metabolomics).
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or would like to receive a quote for Microbiome Core services.
- 16S ribosomal RNA gene sequencing, V4 region
- 16S ribosomal RNA gene sequencing, full-length
- Shotgun metagenomics
- Bioinformatics analysis of microbiome data (on a collaborative basis)
- Home fecal sampling kits
- Aliquoting of frozen feces
- Aliquoting of ethanol fixed samples
- Processing of cervical and rectal swabs
- DNA extraction with bead beating
- Total bacteria quantitation by 16S rRNA qPCR
- Fecal calprotectin measurement