The UCLA Department of Radiation Oncology offers a two-year clinical training program designed to prepare qualified individuals for a career as a qualified medical physicist in therapeutic radiological physics.
Residents will participate in a structured rotation schedule under the supervision of our team of board-certified medical physicists. Through comprehensive clinical training residents will become competent in all areas of radiation oncology physics and will be prepared to gain initial certification by the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Medical Physics.
The department consists of three campuses (UCLA Westwood campus, UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center and Santa Clarita Medical Center) and offers a wide spectrum of treatment equipment and techniques.
- Varian Truebeam with Exactrac and AlignRT
- Brainlab Novalis Tx (Radiosurgery capable) with Exactrac
- ViewRay MRIdian MR Guided Linac
- Nucletron Flexitron HDR Afterloader
- Siemens Dual Energy CT
- Siemens MR Simulator
- Brainlab Airo CT
- Varian Truebeam with AlignRT
- Varian Truebeam STX with AlignRT and ExacTrac
- Philips Brilliance CT Sim
- Varian Ethos Linac
- 3D conformal
- IORT Xoft
- LDR Eye plaque
- MRI guided Radiation Therapy (MRIgRT)
- MR Simulation