CASIT has a long history of working collaboratively and closely with industry. From our roots leading the multidisciplinary, multi-institution team that designed the state-of-the-art operating rooms for the new Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (RRUCLA) to support of our medical, engineering and scientific faculty and student entrepreneurs who are founders or board members of companies created as a result of their research, we help accelerate the translation of new ideas and discoveries into clinical devices and systems and medical educational products and services.
In 2014 we launched the CASIT Industry Affiliates Program (IAP) to take a more proactive approach to working with Industry and healthcare partners. Through the IAP we are able to provide leaders seeking to accelerate innovation into products and services better access to our latest thinking and our large cross disciplinary pool of human and information resources focused on enhancing clinical treatment and medical education to benefit the most acute and at risk patients.
Resources & Services
For industry and healthcare partners, the numerous benefits of joining the CASIT IAP include:
- Neutral meeting space for pre-competitive collaboration
- Innovative medical educators/educational methods
- Advanced surgical and interventional skill training facilities
- Clinicians and researchers that test and evaluate new technologies, products and services
- Technology prototyping and testing facilities
- Select tours and facility visits
- Co-working space (space permitting)
- Early access to the latest research
- Opportunity to recruit CASIT students
- Exploration of potential research and development collaborations
- Opportunity to learn the process of taking a new medical device from concept to market
- Medical practice research partnerships
- Sponsored research programs
- Speciality training programs for member sponsored trainees
- Subject access for healthcare surveys or focus groups
- Independant science and technology advisory board review
- Research proposal production and review services
- Biostatiscal, survery science, clinical trial or research protocol consulting
- Engineering test, prototyping or fabrication services or consulting
- Medical product development and commercialization consulting
Are you a small business, a start-up company or an individual entrepreneur? We offer terms designated for your situation. Please contact us at [email protected]
Philanthropic support for the UCLA Center for Advanced Surgical and Interventional Technology (CASIT) plays a significant role in accelerating leading-edge research and educational programs. Your contribution fuels the development of new minimally-invasive surgical technologies, innovative training for all surgical specialties, and improved interventional therapies for patients.
You are partners with us in our mission, and we are most grateful for your generosity.