We are recruiting for a Surgical Education and Simulation Fellow to begin in July 2022 at the UCLA Center for Advanced Surgical and Interventional Technology, Accredited Education Institute (CASIT-AEI).
Goal of the fellowship is to provide trainees with the knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience needed to become a leader in surgical education who will pioneer teaching innovation, and conduct education related research. The fellowship consists of training in medical education, teaching and assessment of residents and medical students, curriculum design and implementation, program evaluation, education research, and simulation.
This will be a two-year position for a resident enrolled or graduate of an accredited residency program in a surgical, interventional, or perioperative residency. Applicants must have completed at least 2 years of residency training by the fellowship start date. Application deadline is March 1, 2022 with a start date of July 1, 2022.
Applicants are asked to email the following by midnight (PST) of March 1, 2022:
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement explaining why they are pursuing this fellowship
- At least two letters of recommendation from their institution (including a letter from their Program Director Department Chair)
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact:
- Connie Luu, Administrative Specialist
- 757 Westwood Plaza, Suite B792 Los Angeles, CA 90095
- Ivy Huang (2020-2022)
- Zach Weitzner (2020-2022)
- Gabe Oland (2019-2021)
- Frank Lu (2019-2020)
- Joe Luis Pantoja (2018-2019)
- Yas Sanaiha (2017-2019)
- Yen-Yi Juo (2017-2018)