UCLA Facial Gender-Affirming Surgery Fellowship
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
The UCLA Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is delighted to offer a one-year fellowship focused on Facial Gender-Affirming Surgery. The fellowship is the first of its kind in the world and will primarily emphasize gender-affirming facial reconstruction encompassing an understanding of craniofacial surgical principles, skeletal relationships, orthognathic surgery, facial aesthetic principles, but also include chest and genital reconstruction.
In addition to surgery, the vision of the fellowship is to generate leaders in gender-affirming care. As such, the fellowship includes time with gender health primary care physicians, endocrinology, behavioral health, urology, as well as collaborative projects with the Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law.
Fellows will participate in the general plastic and reconstructive surgery attending call rotation at UCLA, with a reasonable call duty of eight weeks over the course of the year.
Throughout the fellowship, participants will actively engage in various educational activities, including:
- Attendance at UCLA Gender Health Multi-Disciplinary meetings.
- Participation in all UCLA Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery educational conferences.
- Participation in a bimonthly gender health fellows journal club dinner
- Delivering a didactic lecture to plastic and reconstructive surgery residents during the year.
- Gaining proficiency in independently supervising residents in general plastic surgical procedures.
- $2,000/year in funding is offered to facilitate attendance at one major national conference annually.
Salary: Commensurate with PGY level per UCLA GME policies.