Graduates of our program have met great success in academic and community practice settings. The superb training at UCLA has allowed our trainees to perform both routine and complex cases safely which has furthered our reputation as a premier traditional training program. A number of our graduates have national leadership roles in areas of general thoracic, adult cardiac, congenital, heart failure and mechanical assist and transplantation. Many of our graduates have pursued postgraduate training in congenital and transplantation surgery, with excellent preparation by the core training programs.
Program Features and Requirements
- 2 year program
- 2 positions available every year
- No tracking on ERAS
- USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3 must be completed prior to start date
- Completion of an ACGME accredited General Surgery or Vascular Surgery residency
- All applications will be reviewed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Registration with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) is required.
- A curriculum Vitae (CV)
- ABSITE scores
- USMLE step 1-3 scores
- Minimum 3 letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter
- ECFMG letter
Interview Dates for 2022
- Saturday, February 24, 2024
- Saturday, March 23, 2024
Tours of the Hospital
For those who have yet to walk our halls and meet our inspiring teachers, trainees and mentors, our new virtual recruitment process provides a unique window into the passion and collaboration that lights up our classrooms, hospitals and labs.
If you’re looking for a dose of inspiration, take a moment to explore the video tours, stories and interviews spotlighting the remarkable students, staff, faculty and trainees who have made us the youngest top-10 medical school in the nation.
Salaries and Benefits
Extensive information on resident salary and benefits can be found at the UCLA GME website or click below for a summary of benefits.
A wide range of housing choices is available within a short commute. Fellows are eligible to apply for university-sponsored housing, which includes options for married fellows and those with children.
All fellows recieve a monthly housing stipend and relocation reimbursement for moving expenses.
- UCLA Housing Services
- UCLA Community Housing Office
- UCLA Early Care & Education
- Westside Rentals (Not a UCLA service. Listed for your reference only.)
Southern California Environment
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center is located adjacent to the main university campus in heart of Westwood. Sunny, temperate, and fashionable West Los Angeles encompasses neighboring boroughs of Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Marina del Rey. The area offers cultural, culinary, outdoor, recreational, and nightlife activities suitable for any lifestyle.