Housestaff salaries are established by the University Office of the President. Current salaries can be viewed at the UCLA HouseStaff Salaries website.
- Health, dental and vision insurance are provided, along with disability and life insurance. Please visit the UC Resident and Fellow Benefits page to learn about transitioning between plans and to search for providers.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 12 days paid sick leave.
- 4 weeks paid parental leave which can be used in the first year after birth or adoption placement.
- Trainees are offered the UC Safe Harbor Retirement Savings Plan. Please refer to the UC Net booklet for further information.
- Potential monthly housing stipend (paid as wages and subject to withholdings/taxes) subject to annual contractual guidelines.
- Food allowance for use at the UCLA Medical Center and Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center.
- Fatigue mitigation transportation option for trainees to travel home safely after work using app-based services such as Uber or Lyft.
- Hospital-paid mobile phone for housestaff communication and secure access to University emails and electronic health record systems.
- Educational funds for University approved education expenses and scholarly pursuits.
- California medical license renewal reimbursement.
- Choice of embroidered uniforms (lab coat, scrubs, fleece jacket) with laundering services.
- Relocation assistance for trainees that meet the moving distance criteria (criteria subject to change)
- UCLA Recreation memberships are an exceptional value! For approximately $17 per month you have access to the following: John Wooden Center (including the new Strength and Conditioning Zone), Sunset Canyon Recreation Center, Student Activities Center, UCLA Marina Aquatic Center, 24 Tennis Courts, Open Recreation Activities, Recreation Playing Fields, Drake Track Stadium, Outdoor Adventure Center, Rock Wall, 4 Campus Pools, Sycamore Golf Practice Area, FIT PASS (to all drop-in fitness classes).
- Fellows may be eligible for UCLA Housing for Graduate Students and Students with Families.
- Fellows may qualify to have their expenses paid to attend and present at local and national annual Addiction Medicine conferences.
- Free access to the American College of Academic Addiction Medicine Education Portal which contains to the highest quality addiction medicine educational resources (normally $250 annual rate for diplomats).
- The Behavioral Wellness Center (BWC) is a valuable resource center offering counseling and supportive services, conveniently located in the Center for Health Sciences (CHS).
For details on these benefits and others please visit the UCLA Graduate Medical Education (GME) website.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.