Family and Visitor Guidelines
UCLA recognizes the vital role family members and friends play in enhancing the health and well-being of patients. Immediate family members and others designated by the family are encouraged to visit or to call for information about the patient's condition. If the patient consents, it is recommended that a family spokesperson be chosen to relay information to others who may not be able to visit.
The well-being of patients is the most important consideration when making decisions regarding visitors and visiting hours. The number of visitors allowed will depend on the needs of the patient and space considerations.
RNPH is permitting one healthy visitor per patient, each day. The time cannot be split or shared between multiple visitors. Telephone calls remain available for those unable to visit in person.
Visiting hours per unit are as follow:
- 4W – 6pm-7pm
- 4E – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- 4N – 5pm-6pm
If patients are in semiprivate rooms, one patient will have their visitor from during regular unit visiting hours, and the other patient will have their visiting time for the subsequent hour, to be arranged by unit staff.
- Protocols are established to maximize the safety of visitors, staff and patients. Per current policy and visitor guidelines, visitors must:
- Provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or provide a negative COVID-19 test result that was taken within the past 72 hours.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance in all areas, including the patient’s room.
- Perform hand hygiene when entering/exiting the building or patient room, and as needed.
- Wear a facemask at all times (provided).
- Stay in the patient’s room while in the unit.
- Cooperate with directions of clinical staff. Visitation will be suspended for visitors who do not adhere to the guidelines.