UCLA Mindfulness Resources
The Mindful Awareness Research Center is a partner of the Norman Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology within the Jane and Terry Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at UCLA. MARC's mission is to foster mindful awareness across the lifespan through education and research to promote well-being and a more compassionate society. For more information, visit UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center at https://www.uclahealth.org/marc/.
MARC services offered:
- UCLA Mindful app is now released for both iOS and Android
- offers classes and workshops to the general public, teaching the skills of mindfulness across the lifespan
- offers online classes in mindfulness education
- free drop in mindfulness at the UCLA campus
- fosters research to support the scientific benefits of mindful awareness
- brings mindfulness to professionals through UCLA's medical education program-including doctors, medical students, staff and faculty
- offer mindfulness tools and classes to support mental health professionals
An interfaith Chapel/Meditation Room located on the first floor, is available in the hospital and on campus. Interfaith chaplains are always available for spiritual care assistance and sacramental ministries. For more information, visit the Spiritual Care website uclahealth.org/spiritual-care.
Garden of Peace
The Garden of Peace offers a tranquil outdoor retreat for patients and families to enjoy.
Enjoy a soothing harp music in our first floor hospital lobby. Harpist plays weekly, on Wednesday or Thursday during the noon time hour.
SIMMS/MANN – UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology
The Simms/Mann-UCLA Center for Integrative Oncology provides integrative patient care for individuals and families touched by cancer. Built on a foundation of academic research and advanced treatment approaches, the Simms/Mann Center offers educational and support services that integrate psychological, nutritional, spiritual, and complementary approaches to healing.
Services provided by the Simms/Mann Center include:
- Individual, couple, and family counseling
- Groups for support and healing
- Nutrition and supplements
- Psychiatry and oncology
- Insights into Cancer public lectures
- Spiritual care