General Medicine Unit (4 Merle Norman Pavilion)
UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center
1250 16th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(424) 259-6814 fax
About Our Unit
Thank you for trusting us with your or your loved one's care. Our 4 MNP General Medicine Unit provides excellent, patientcentered care to individuals with medical conditions requiring hospitalization.
Our multidisciplinary team includes physicians, registered nurses, patient care partners, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, clinical social workers, nutritionists, pharmacists, case managers and administrative partners who work collaboratively with families to achieve optimal outcomes for patients.
- Visitors can be good medicine. We encourage your family and friends to visit, but request that visitors be limited to two at a time. Visitors are asked to leave the room during tests and treatments and during "nurse-patient connection time" on each shift.
- Due to space constraints, we do not allow overnight visitors. Children under 18 are only permitted with a supervising parent or adult and may not be left unattended.
- To minimize the risk of infection to our patients, friends and family members who are sick are asked to postpone visits until their symptoms clear.
- Please refrain from touching any medical equipment or using the restrooms in patients' rooms. Restrooms are available for visitors near the elevators. to space constraints, we are unable to accommodate overnight visitors.
Our Hospital Staff
Healthcare team members are distinguishable by the color of their scrubs:
Navy Blue ............. Registered Nurses
Olive Green .......... Patient Care Partners
Gray .................... Administrative Partners
Team members from other departments also wear uniforms specific to their specialty. All staff members should wear identifi cation badges with their name and photo properly displayed.
Your safety and Security
We do hourly rounds to attend to patients' needs, comfort and safety. Our team members will check identification bracelets before administering any medication, treatment or procedure.
Food Services provides Signature Dining meal service between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Patients can order from our menu anytime during those hours by calling ext. 96600. Food orders are delivered within 45 minutes.
We provide clear, plastic "Patient Care" cases for safekeeping of personal care items such as dentures, contacts, eyeglasses and hearing aids. All other personal belongings, including clothing and jewelry, should be sent home with a family member or friend to avoid loss or interference with medical procedures. We provide access to a safe for securing valuables because we cannot be responsible for lost belongings.
Wireless-enabled internet service is available in your room. Please ask our Charge Nurse for access code information or assistance.
Cell phone use
Visitors are asked to respect other patients' privacy by staying inside the patient's room during visits and by limiting cell phone use to the patient's room and waiting areas.
Please designate a family member or trusted friend as your loved one's spokesperson. That person will receive a eight-digit privacy code to use when calling in for updates.
UCLA Health, your partner for life, offers several programs and services that may be helpful to you after leaving our hospital.
The UCLA Healthcare 50-Plus Program is a specially designed membership program that helps people age 50 or older maintain a healthy, independent lifestyle through a host of special benefits. Membership is easy and absolutely FREE. Program benefits include:
- Educational talks featuring UCLA physicians and other health professionals
- Access to health fairs, screenings, flu shots and discounts on special UCLA programs and services
- Caregiver programs and referrals
- Health and wellness literature
- Medicare and health-insurance consultations
- Referrals to UCLA Health physicians and services, and community-based programs
To register or for more information, call (800) 516-5323.
Quick Reference Guide
Roger Lee, MD
Cecily Byron, RN
Kristian Del Rosario, RN, BSN
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Betty Lee, RN, MSN
On-Duty Charge Nurse