UCLA Technology Development Group serves as a campus-wide gateway to Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship. Our mission is to:
- Promote UCLA innovation, research, teaching and entrepreneurship to benefit society
- Create economic value to support UCLA’s scholarly and educational missions and the State of California
- Lead UCLA’s research community to bring innovation to market
Scope of Activities
- Commercially evaluating new technologies
- Determining patentability and commercial value
- Prosecuting patents
- Marketing and licensing inventions
- Facilitating UCLA faculty startups
- Engaging industry to facilitate research collaboration
- Negotiating license agreements and Material Transfer Agreements
- Receiving and distributing royalties and other income to the inventors, UCLA Campus and its Departments
Click below to review funding opportunities and programs that are available from within UC and outside UC to support entrepreneurship and university-industry research collaborations.
TDG invites the UCLA community to get to know their staff and the work they do to facilitate collaborations with industry, and build new startups.