Faculty entrepreneurs interested in commercializing their discoveries are subject to policies and paperwork requirements that vary based on title, level and compensation. Faculty may also have specific departmental requirements in addition to institutional requirements.
The following policies may be helpful, but should not be considered a complete list of requirements. For additional information, contact your department head or contact UCLA Health Innovation personnel.
Conflict of Commitment
- Conflict of Commitment and Outside Activities of Health Sciences Compensation Plan Participants — FAQs under APM-670 and APM-671
- Conflict of Commitment and Outside Activities of Faculty Members APM-025 (for faculty members who are not members of the Health Sciences Compensation Plan)
- Compensation Plan Documents
Conflict of Interest
- Conflict of Interest in Research
- Who Must File | UCOP
- Senior Management Group Outside Professional Activities
For answers to questions about conflict of interest and conflict of commitment, Department of Medicine faculty can contact:
Assistant Vice Chancellor–Research; Campus Research Compliance Coordinator
Jonathan R. Hiatt, MD
Vice Dean for Faculty
For answers to additional questions about innovation matters, contact UCLA Health Innovation.