Link to Dr. Hui's complete CV >
Ka-Kit Hui, M.D., F.A.C.P. is the Wallis Annenberg Professor in Integrative East-West Medicine and Professor and Director of the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine at the Department of Medicine of the David Geffen School of Medicine. Dr. Hui, a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, is an internationally acclaimed educator and researcher and board-certified in Internal Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology, with an expertise in Geriatrics. He is a recognized authority on Chinese Medicine and integrative medicine, and is bilingual in Chinese and English. Dr. Hui has served as a consultant to the FDA, U.S.A, National Institutes of Health, World Health Organization, health insurance companies, drug companies and the media and has held visiting and honorary professorships in various universities throughout the world. In December 1993, Dr. Hui founded the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine, which is one of the first integrative medicine centers in the United States.
UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
1. Huang T, Hung T, Kim I, Hui KK. Acupuncture for Patients with Breast Cancer: A Case Report. OBM Integrative and Complementary Medicine. 2020.
2. Wu XQ, Satmary W, Peng J, Hui KK. Women's preconception health patterns in traditional Chinese medicine as a predictor of fertility outcomes. J Integr Med. 2020 Jan.
3. Wu XQ, Hui KK. Progress in Scientific Research Bridging Traditional Chinese and Modern Medicine in the UCLA-CEWM Clinical Model. Chin J Integr Trad West Med. 2019 Oct; 39(12): 1500-1505.
4. Yin Y, Zhang WJ, Hui KK. Implementing the medical and health care model of the integrated traditional Chinese medicine & western medicine in medical education of UCLA. Int J Trad Chin Med, September 2018.
5. Hui KK, Li ZL. The University of California at Los Angeles Center for East-West Medicine's Patient- Centered Integrative East-West Medicine Approach. Chin J Integr Trad West Med. 2018.
6. Pritzker S, Guzman J, Hui KK, Tarn, DM. The third speaker: The body as interlocutor in conventional, complementary, and integrative medicine encounters. Communications & Medicine. 2017; 14(3): 245-267
7. Brodsky M, Spritzer K, Hays RD, Hui KK. Change in Health-Related Quality-of-Life at Group and Individual Levels Over Time in Patients Treated for Chronic Myofascial Neck Pain. J Evid Based Complementary and Alter Med. 2016.
8. Zhang WJ, Fan JP, Hui KK. Three cases of international collaboration on Chinese medicine: implications on globalization of Chinese medicine. Chin J Integr Trad West Med. 2016,36(7): 784-788.
9. Abbott R, Ayres I, Hui E, Hui KK. Effect of perineal self-acupressure on constipation: a randomized controlled trial. J Gen Intern Med. 2015 Apr;30(4):434-9.
10. Zhang WJ, Hui KK. Clinical Practice of Integrative Medicine in the United States and its Development in Primary Care. Chin J Integr Trad West Med. 2014 Apr; 35(4): 394-400.
Defining Health as a 'State of Complete Physicial, Mental, and Social WelL-Being'‘Top 10’ herbs, supplements that may provide therapeutic effects
Learn more about myUCLAhealth