Ranked as Best Medical Center in the West
- UCLA Medical Center is at the cutting edge of biomedical research, and U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks it one of the top 5 hospitals in the country and the best medical center in the western United States.
Ranked as Best Cancer Center in California
- UCLA’s Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center ranks as the best cancer center in California, according to U.S. News & World Report. As designated by the NCI, it is a Comprehensive Cancer Center. Our doctors and scientists are the leaders in bringing the latest discoveries to the field of lung cancer.
Lung Cancer Study Group at UCLA
- In 1977, there was an absence of lung cancer cooperative study groups at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The NCI appointed UCLA as one of only seven sites and created the prestigious research group called the Lung Cancer Study Group (LCSG). The LCSG made significant contributions to staging, surgery, medical treatments and standards of care that are practiced today. Dr. E. Carmack Holmes is a founding member and chairman of this group.
Our Lung Cancer Experts
- The UCLA Lung Cancer Program is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of experts who are dedicated to the prevention, detection, treatment and research of lung cancer. More about our expert Team >
UCLA SPORE in Lung Cancer
- Excellence in lung cancer research continues today. UCLA is one of only seven institutions awarded nationwide with the Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPORE) in Lung Cancer. Dr. Steven M. Dubinett, Director of the Lung Cancer Research Program at UCLA, is the lead investigator and recipient of this prestigious $13.9 million grant.
We’re here to help
Make a gift to the Lung Cancer Program at UCLA
- All gifts play an important part in advancing the program's mission, and are gratefully appreciated. Donate today >