Find your care
Below, please find information on the following services:
Teens and their families may require additional support outside of clinic. Our psychosocial support services include:
- Educating and helping prepare teen patients and their families for transition planning.
- Providing community outreach education programs.
- Assisting in identifying and obtaining resources such as special education programs, respite centers, home health aides, medical insurance benefits, vocational rehabilitation centers, and referrals to psychologists and other mental health workers
- Helping teens with epilepsy overcome barriers to appropriate services by referring them to advocacy groups
- Facilitate support groups for teens and their families
Teens with epilepsy can benefit from individualized nutrition counseling. Even small dietary changes can promote overall health and may help manage seizures.
Our registered dietitians will work with you and your teen to help optimize their health and wellbeing through the creation of an individualized nutrition plan. The nutrition recommendations provided are based on food preferences, goals, and incorporate research-based nutrition strategies that may play a role in seizure management. A thorough nutritional assessment is completed during your first nutrition visit, where we discuss their overall dietary pattern, food preferences, supplement regimen, physical activity levels, and other pertinent areas that impact their overall nutritional intake. Follow-up sessions will allow us to discuss what is and is not working and adjust the nutrition plan accordingly. If you are interested in a nutritional evaluation for your teen, schedule an appointment with us today.
Our occupational therapy team will help your teen do all of the things they want to do and need to do on a daily basis, from school and chores to playing sports and finding new hobbies. Our goal is to help prepare your teen for their transition to adulthood. We focus on independent living including medication management strategies, disclosing epilepsy to friends and roommates, college/job transition, and home safety. Our role is to help your teen feel they are living productive and meaningful lives while helping to manage their seizures. We want to empower them to grow to be their best selves! Interested in learning more? Schedule an appointment with us today.