Find your care
Exceptional children's primary care is just a click away. Same-day and next-day appointments are available.
Nourish for Life:
For referrals to our outpatient program, please submit for authorization for an initial assessment to the Department of Adolescent Medicine. Growth charts, labs and notes are invaluable, and should be sent via email or fax ideally prior to the initial visit. Many of our inpatient admissions happen based on their initial clinic appointment with the adolescent medicine.
mail: [email protected]
Medical Stabilization Inpatient Program at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital:
If you are concerned about your patient and think he or she may require inpatient medical hospitalization, please ask for the Adolescent Medicine physician on call to be paged. For physicians, criteria for admission include but are not limited to the following:
- Weight < 75% ideal body weight or ongoing weight loss despite intensive management
- Acute food refusal - Severe and/or prolonged food refusal may be grounds for admission
- Bradycardia Heart rate < 50 per minute daytime Orthostasis Pulse increase of more than 35
- Systolic BP decrease of more than 10
- Diastolic BP decrease of more than 10 Hypotension Blood pressure < 90/45 Hypothermia Temperature < 36° C EKG abnormalities e.g., prolonged QTc > 0.45 Hypokalemia Serum potassium < 3 mmol/L Hypoglycemia Serum glucose < 55 mg/dL