Find your care
Exceptional children's primary care is just a click away. Same-day and next-day appointments are available.
There are specific factors that increase the risk and chances of some infants and children to develop skin cancer.
- Solid organ (kidney, heart, lung, etc.) or hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplantation
- Cancer and cancer treatments, like radiation and chemotherapy
- Genetic syndromes that make the skin sensitive to sun damage
- Hereditary cancer syndromes
- Family history of melanoma in a 1st degree blood relative (not sun induced pre-cancers or skin cancers)
- Medications that are known to suppress the immune system
PCOC is a multi-disciplinary clinic aimed to provide a medical home for patients who are at a greater risk for skin cancers. This clinic is not intended for routine nevi (mole) checks. The clinic will be on the first Monday of every month.
Please note: referral to the PCOC requires physician referral. Our staff will determine whether the requirements to be seen in this multi-disciplinary clinic have been met.