Find your care
In line with our objectives in the UCLA Sports Cardiology Program, our multi-disciplinary team of experts provide consultation for the following, individually tailored to your sport or activity of interest:
- Comprehensive cardiovascular assessment and clearance for professional athletes for participation in competitive sports
- Comprehensive cardiovascular examination prior to participation in competitive sports.
- Assess new symptoms, such as chest pain, shortness of breath, lightheadedness or dizziness, fainting, or palpitations.
- Guidance for patients with a history of heart disease (including congenital heart or valve disease, prior heart attack, prior stent placement or cardiac surgery, abnormal heart rhythms) who wish to participate in competitive sports and/or moderate-to-intense physical activity.
- Second opinions for patients with pre-existing heart disease wishing to participate in competitive sports. This can include patients found to have a heart murmur on physical exam, abnormal ECG, as well as patients with a diagnosis of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC), long AT syndrome (LQTS), bicuspid valve disease, catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT) or any other inherited or newly diagnosed abnormalities.
- Advanced imaging (cardiac CT scans, cardiac MRI, cardiac PET scan).
- Consultation with our Cardiovascular Genetic cardiologists and counselors.