Find your care
Our neurotrauma surgeons offer advanced, lifesaving care. Call 310-825-5111 to learn more about neurotrauma and critical care services.
- UCLA physician specialists provides critical care for patients with a wide range of neurological disorders, including brain trauma, stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, spinal cord trauma and intracerebral hemorrhage.
- While in the intensive care unit (ICU), patients are cared for by multidisciplinary team, led by physicians in the UCLA. Neurocritical Care Program
- For patients with post-traumatic cognitive and behavioral deficits, long-term care is coordinated with UCLA Rehabilitation Services or Daniel Freeman Rehabilitation Hospital.
- A 24-bed state-of-the-art neurosurgical/neurological intensive care unit (ICU) directed by a neurointensivist along with neurosurgical and neurological attending physicians and residents.
- An elite team of neuroscience nurses, respiratory technologists, EEG technologists and nurse managers provides minute-to-minute ICU care.
- Multimodality monitoring of the nervous system includes electroencephalography (EEG), evoked potentials (EP), transcranial Doppler (TCD), cerebral blood flow, intracranial pressure monitoring, cerebral microdialysis and positron emission tomography (PET).