Find your care
We offer comfort, support and encouragement to children and families. Our compassionate team is by your side every step of the way. Call 310-825-0867 to connect with us.
Please note that insurance coverage / authorization and medical records must be sent prior to scheduling a new outpatient appointment.
Insurance & Appointment Scheduling
- If PPO / paying out of pocket, the patient should call our Appointment Center at (310) 825-0867 to schedule a new patient appointment.
If HMO / Kaiser / CCS / others needing prior approval: the patient should have the authorization and medical records faxed to (310) 794-2104. Once the insurance authorization has been received, the patient should call our Appointment Center at (310) 825-0867 to schedule a new patient appointment.
- If the patient is being referred from within UCLA Health: we do not need patient medical records.
- If the patient is being referred from outside of UCLA Health: we ask for outside medical records to be faxed to (310) 794-2104. Patients can be scheduled for a New Patient appointment if they have an insurance authorization, but they should know that we will need outside medical records at least 2 weeks prior to the appointment. If we do not receive the medical records at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled appointment, the appointment WILL be cancelled and the patient will have to reschedule.
We request that you provide ONLY records that include:
- A written referral or summary from the referring doctor's office stating why the patient is being referred to our clinic
- Initial evaluation and most recent clinic visit from any doctor or specialist the patient has seen since the onset of pain/symptoms
- Results from recent laboratories and imaging. We do not need initially need actual films or CDs
Inpatient Pain & Comfort Care (Palliative Care) Referrals
Attending Physician / Team should order the referral in CareConnect and page the Children's Pain & Comfort Care team (ID: 96668).