UCLA Health is recognized as a 2018 Top Hospital for Diversity
UCLA Health has earned a spot as a 2018 Top Hospital for Diversity by BlackDoctor.org Inclusion on the list represents a hospital’s delivery of quality care at the highest level, and the promotion of equity and inclusion in the hospital’s operations, programs, services and staffing.
Among the areas of assessment that led to the distinction were:
• Recognition of the institution among, and by, other leading hospitals
• Commitment to the American Hospital Association's Equity of Care Pledge
• Recognized delivery of quality healthcare services
• Inclusive and diverse clinical and administrative staff
• Persons of color and women represented at the highest levels-including the board of directors and senior-level executives
• Culturally competent medical and professional staff
• Significant investment and profile in community health programs and initiatives
Selection was made by the executives, editors and health and wellness experts on BlackDoctgor.org’s staff.
In highlighting the significance of the top hospitals list, BlackDoctor.org CEO Reginald Ware said:
"Our 30 million-plus audience places a great importance upon cultural competency and sensitivity when it comes to the entire healthcare delivery system. Our users have expressed a strong desire for us to point them in the right direction to providers and companies who excel in these areas. Organizations who are working hard to see that everyone is treated fairly, regardless of race or creed, are highlighted here. This important list is our means of recognizing the best institutions, while also paying homage to those values.”
BlackDoctor.org now features the 2018 list on its website and its social media platform.