UCLA students host annual 5K to benefit Mattel Children’s Hospital
April 10, 2008
2 min read
Actor Michael Chiklis, star of "The Shield" and "Fantastic Four," will host the ninth annual UCLA 5K Run/Walk to benefit the Child Life/Child Development Program at UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital. This student-organized event includes a 5-kilometer run/walk through the UCLA campus, live music, a silent auction and more.
Sunday, April 13
- 6:30 a.m.: Registration begins
- 8 a.m.: Opening ceremonies
- 8:30 a.m.: Run/walk begins
- 11:30 a.m.: Closing ceremonies
Wilson Plaza, 308 Westwood Plaza, UCLA campus
- Michael Chiklis, Emmy Awardwinning television and film actor
- UCLA student organizers
- UCLA Child Life/Child Development Program staff
- Hundreds of participants, including students and medical staff
- Bands: The Elevaters, Burning Tree Project, JP and the Ambassadors, Kazai Rex
Proceeds will directly benefit the internationally renowned Child Life/Child Development Program at UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital. When it was established in 1968, the program was one of the first of its kind in the country, and it continues to be a model for other medical centers. The Child Life Program addresses the unique needs of pediatric patients especially the critically and chronically ill by offering play therapy, expert consultations and genuine support for patients and their families.
Campus parking will be available in Lot 6, at the Ackerman Union turnaround area on Westwood Plaza.
Amanda Maddahi, director of the UCLA Run/Walk, 310-913-3420 (cell)