Young celebs to attend 'Mattel Party on the Pier' benefiting Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA
Young celebrities from popular children's television shows are scheduled to attend the 13th annual "Mattel Party on the Pier" benefiting UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital. Many of the actors and actresses have attended the event in the past and enjoy returning each year to support the hospital's fundraising efforts.
The celebrities will sign autographs and volunteer in game booths. All event guests will be treated to unlimited rides, carnival games stocked with prizes donated by Mattel, arts and crafts, and a silent auction featuring entertainment packages, jewelry and collector's memorabilia.
10 a.m.–2 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 21
Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier (map)
PHOTO | INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:
In addition to hospital staff and pediatric patients and their families, celebrities scheduled to appear include:
- Allie Deberry, Carlon Jeffrey, China Anne McClain, Sierra McCormick, Aedin Mincks, Stefanie Scott, Jake Short ("A.N.T. Farm")
- Laura Marano, Calum Worthy ("Austin & Ally")
- Katherine McNamara, Brendan Meyer ("Girl vs. Monster")
- Cameron Boyce, Skai Jackson ("Jessie")
- Tucker Albrizzi, Kelli Berglund, Tyrel Jackson Williams, Billy Unger ("LAB Rats")
- Trevor Jackson, Coco Jones ("Let It Shine")
- Davis Cleveland, Adam Irigoyen ("Shake It Up")
- Allisyn Ashley Arm ("So Random")
- Austin Anderson ("Victorious")
- Nathan Kress ("iCarly")
- Don Provenmire, Swampy Marsh ("Phineas & Ferb")
- Kaitlyn Jenkins ("Bunheads")
- Olivia Holt, Alex Jones, Dylan Riley Snyder ("Kickin' It")
- Sammi Hanratty ("The Suite Life of Zach & Cody," "The Greening of Whitney Brown")
- Mia Talerico ("Good Luck Charlie")
- Ryan Ochoa, Geno Segers ("Pair of Kings")
- Julianna Rose (member of "American Girl at The Grove")
The "Mattel Party on the Pier" is the signature fundraiser for UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital, selling out each year, with some 1,400 attendees. The event generates funding for the hospital, allowing it to launch innovative projects and meet its most urgent needs. Proceeds from last year's event provided direct support for the hospital's inflammatory bowel diseases programs, research into autism-associated epilepsy and treatments to improve immune function for children who have undergone chemotherapy and bone marrow transplants.
Mattel Inc. is the event's title sponsor. Additional major sponsors include Duracell; the Goldhirsh-Yellin Foundation; the John W. Carson Foundation; Beth and Neal Cutler, M.D.; the Dodgers Dream Foundation; the Littman Family; Lori and Michael Milken and the Milken Family Foundation; Richard and Ellen Sandler; Helene Spiegel and the Thomas Spiegel Family Foundation; and Liz and Evan Greenspan. Media and entertainment sponsors include L.A. Parent magazine and Feet First Eventertainment.
UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital, one of the highest-rated children's hospitals in California, is a vital component of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, ranked the fifth best hospital in nation and best in the western United States by U.S. News & World Report. Mattel Children's Hospital offers a full spectrum of primary and specialized medical care for infants, children and adolescents. The hospital's mission is to provide state-of-the-art medical and surgical treatment for children in a compassionate atmosphere and to improve the understanding and treatment of pediatric diseases.
Amy Albin, UCLA Health Sciences Media Relations, [email protected]
310-794-8672 (office) | 310-597-5765 (cell)
Email media contact to confirm attendance and parking. Media credentials are required.