You, your family, your significant other or your guardian have the right to tell us when something is wrong. If you present a complaint, your care will not be affected in any way. If you send a complaint by phone, fax or written letter, a Patient Advocate will acknowledge your communication within 7 days.
When presenting your issue…
Please be ready to share the following information when you contact us:
- The nature of your complaint
- Your medical record number
- The name(s) of the person(s) involved
- The department in which the problem occurred
- The date on which the problem occurred
- Your ideas about how you would like us to help
Our investigation will include:
- Asking your permission to start the investigation in circumstances where someone else is calling on your behalf
- Talking with you and/or your family so that we know your concerns
- Contacting and talking with the person(s) named in your complaint
- Reviewing all appropriate documents, including your medical record, if necessary
- Collaborating with you on a possible resolution
What to expect from the process:
A Patient Advocate will contact you, review your complaint, and make every effort to resolve your concerns at that time. We make every effort to resolve issues within 30 days, but that may not always be possible.
A letter will be sent to you with the resolution, as well as the following information:
- Names of appropriate hospital contacts
- Steps taken for the review
- Results of the review
- Completion date
Call Patient Experience Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm: 310-267-9113.