Fast Facts About Organ Donation
- Today, more than 120,000 people in the United States are on the national transplant waiting list for a life-saving organ transplant. Over 22,000 are California residents.
- UCLA has performed 215 deceased donor kidney transplants.
- 95% of U.S. Adults support organ donation, but only 54% are actually signed up as donors.
- Every 10 minutes, another person is added to the waiting list.
- 20 people die each day waiting for a transplant
A lot of people think they can't donate because they are already diagnosed with a disease- this is not true! Anybody can donate.
Read about Organ and Tissue Donation Myths
Please consider signing up for the donor registry if you haven't already.
1 person can:
- Restore health and heal the lives of up to 75 people
- Save up to 8 lives with organ donation
- Restore the sight of up to 2 people
UCLA Core Kidney Program
If you have a non California license, you can register for a California ID and be able to sign up for the Organ and Tissue Donor Registry.