- Ronald Reagan/Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center - Meal Voucher
- UCLA Bookstore Rewards Card
- Movie Tickets (AMC, Regal, Landmark)
Note: Meal vouchers and UCLA Bookstore rewards cards cannot be reloaded, redeemed for cash, or applied as payment to any account.
ALL donor thank you gifts are subject to availability and cannot be exchanged once issued.
The Gallon Milestone Pin
Every eight blood or platelet donations marks a gallon milestone! Come back 7 more times and you’ll receive a free gallon milestone pin to acknowledge this achievement.
A "Gallon Milestone" Donor Story
The UCLA Blood & Platelet Center opened its doors in 1975 and since then, only one "50 Gallon" donor pin has been created and issued. Matthew Hoffman is the donor who completed his 400th donation on September 27, 2016 and received a congratulatory plaque and his 50 Gallon pin!
Matthew started donating over 20 years ago (first donation on June 13, 1996) as a directed platelet donor (for a specific patient) and then became a community platelet donor (every two weeks, like clockwork). Matthew also became part of the Blood & Platelet Center family by joining the team as a staff member in 2010. 50 Gallons is an amazing accomplishment which has saved hundreds of lives over the last 20 years. Thank you from all of us at the Blood & Platelet Center!
Update (06/14/2022) - Mr. Hoffman is now at 528 Donations: 66 Gallons!
We Need You!
Donating blood takes just one hour of your time, but the impact lasts a lifetime. As you consider donating, remember the reasons WHY:
- Every day in the United States, blood is needed in hospitals and emergency treatment facilities to care for patients with cancer and other diseases, for organ transplant recipients and to help save the lives of accident and trauma victims.
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed each day.
- 62.6% percent of the U.S. population is eligible to give, but only 4.8% of those eligible do. [TRANSFUSION Magazine, 2020;60;206–215]
Donate Blood. Save A Life. Be A Hero.