Donating blood and platelets doesn’t only benefit patients, it also benefits YOU! Your generosity deserves something special. That’s why every person who completes a donation at the UCLA Blood & Platelet Center receives a thank you gift.
Note: All donations are made strictly on a volunteer basis. There is never any monetary reimbursement for a blood donation at UCLA.
$25 Gift Card to Amazon, Starbucks or In-N-Out AND Blood Time for Eligible UCLA Employees
Three Movie Tickets, Meal Vouchers or UCLA Bookstore Rewards Cards AND Blood Time for Eligible UCLA Employees
Eligible UCLA employees also receive Blood Time.
$10 Gift Card to Amazon, Starbucks or In-N-Out
One Movie Ticket, Meal Voucher, UCLA Bookstore Rewards Card
Blood Time for Eligible UCLA Employees
- Ronald Reagan/Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center - Meal Voucher
- UCLA Bookstore Rewards Card
- Movie Tickets (AMC, Regal, Landmark)
Note: Meal vouchers and UCLA Bookstore rewards cards cannot be reloaded, redeemed for cash, or applied as payment to any account.
ALL donor thank you gifts are subject to availability and cannot be exchanged once issued.
The Gallon Milestone Pin
Every eight blood or platelet donations marks a gallon milestone! Come back 7 more times and you’ll receive a free gallon milestone pin to acknowledge this achievement.
We Need You!
Donating blood takes just one hour of your time, but the impact lasts a lifetime. As you consider donating, remember the reasons WHY:
- Every day in the United States, blood is needed in hospitals and emergency treatment facilities to care for patients with cancer and other diseases, for organ transplant recipients and to help save the lives of accident and trauma victims.
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed each day.
- 62.6% percent of the U.S. population is eligible to give, but only 4.8% of those eligible do. [TRANSFUSION Magazine, 2020;60;206–215]