Program Enhancement is our newest initiative to provide assistance to schools with existing UCLA Health Sound Body Sound Mind fitness centers. Program Enhancement is for fitness centers that have been in use for more than five years and may be in need of maintenance and/or equipment replacement. This program works to reengage and reintroduce the school community with the UCLA Health SBSM family. Our goal is to ensure that the physical education department at each school we work with has access to all of the resources we have to offer.
Funding for this program is used to directly restore and supplement the original equipment provided by the Fitness Center program. Schools will also be provided with:
- The most recent update to the Sound Body Sound Mind Exercise Curriculum
- Our new Nutrition Curriculum
- Professional development training for staff
- A fitness accessories kit (as needed)
Who is eligible to apply?
Schools with their original Sound Body Sound Mind fitness center that is five years or older (on or before 2017). Additionally, the program requires the following:
- The fitness center must be presently accessible and remain accessible throughout the spring semester (2024) to accommodate diagnostic visits and potential repair requirements.
- A minimum of one PE teacher from the school must have attended a Sound Body Sound Mind professional development session between March 2022 and November 2023.
- School must not be a previous recipient of Program Enhancement support.
- School must possess the capacity to effectively integrate and implement the Sound Body Sound Mind curricula into the Physical Education educational framework.
SBSM will be notifying schools directly of eligibility for Program Enhancement in November 2023. For questions, please reach out to Paola, Assistant Director of School Programing: mailto:[email protected]