Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credited Case Conferences
Iris Cantor-UCLA Women's Health Center CME Credited Case Conference Schedule
Credited Case Conferences are held on Tuesdays twice monthly, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
CME conferences are currently being held remotely via zoom
100 Medical Plaza, Suite 250
All interested clinicians are welcome. Light lunch is served.
The Iris-Cantor UCLA Women's Health Center records most of its CME case conferences. You will see a link under those CME case conferences where a video recording is available. All UCLA faculty and staff are able to view and access these videos via the Department of Medicine TV (DOMTV) website. To view each podcast, you must create a username and password.
Our Center's CME videos can be viewed under the subsection "Women's Health." You can bypass the home page and go directly to the Women's Health page.
2022 Case Conference Calendar
- January 4: "Fibromyalgia" by Eric Liu, MD
- February 8: "Protein" by Vijaya Surampudi, MD
2021 Case Conference Calendar
- January 7: COVID Case Series: "COVID and Mental Illness" by Arielle Sommer, MD
- March 16: "Osteoperosis Treatment" by Albert Shieh, MD
- April 1: COVID Case Series: "Rheumatology & Joint Pains w/ COVID" by Jiyeon Jeong, MD and Lisa Zhu, MD
- April 20: COVID Case Series: "EWM/COVID/Long-COVID" by Alan Chu, MD and Grant Chu, MD, MPH
- May 4: "POTS" by Francy Shu, MD
- May 18: "Initiating Pharmacotherapy for Depression" by Helen Lavretsky, MD
- June 1: "Oral Diabetes Medication Mangament" by Grace Cheng, PharmD, APh, BCACP, BCGP and Janet Chon, PharmD, APh, BCACP
- June 15: COVID Case Series: "COVID Musculoskeletal Issues" by Timothy Iafe, MD
- August 3: "Initiating Menopausal Hormone Therapy" by Janet Pregler, MD, Carolyn Crandall, MD, & Lisa Kransdorf, MD
- August 17: "Lifestyle Medicine Part 2" by Priyanka Fernandes, MD, MPH
- September 21: "Dietary and Lifestyle Modifications" by Zhaoping Li
- October 5: "Housing Options and Implications for Medical Care for Older Adults: Assisted Living, Board and Care, Skilled Nursing Facilities" by Grace Chen, MD
- October 19: "The Small Renal Mass: Moving Beyond the Hammer and Nail" by Brian Shuch, MD
- November 16: "Counseling patients seeking Bioidentical Therapies" by Janet Pregler, MD
- December 9: "Caring for Young Women with Breast Cancer" by Carly Thompson, MD
2020 Case Conference Calendar
- January 21: "Pharmacological Therapies for Obesity" by Vijaya Surampudi, M.D.
- February 4: "ACP Updates: Ambulatory BP Monitoring, Sinus Tachycardia, and HFpEF" by Eric Yang, M.D, F.A.C.C, F.A.S.E.
- March 3: "Lifestyle Medicine" by Priyanka Fernandes, M.D., M.P.H.
- April 7: "Advance Care Planning" by Neil Wenger, M.D.
- April 21: "Primary Care of the Breast Cancer Survivor" by Janet Pregler, M.D.
- May 5: "Update in the Surgical Management of DCIS" by Jennifer Baker, M.D.
- May 19: "Body Dismorphic Disorder and Eating Disorders" by Eda Gorbis, Ph.D., L.M.F.T
- June 2: "Integrative Medicine" by Anjani Mattai, M.D.
- June 16: "Current Controversies in Breast Surgery: The Double Mastectomy" by Jennifer Baker, M.D.
- July 7: "Lifestyle Medicine: Resources for the Primary Care Physician" by Priyanka Fernandes, M.D, M.P.H.
- July 23: "Monitoring COVID patients in the Ambulatory Setting: Resources for the Primary Care Physician" by COVID Ambulatroy Monitoring Team
- August 4: "Gender-Specific Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors: Diabetes and Hypertension" by Boris Arbit, M.D.
- August 20: "COVID Case Series" by COVID Ambulatory Monitoring Team
- September 1: "Breast Cancer - Neo/adjuvant Treatment for Early Stage Disease" by Nicholas McAndrew, M.D., M.S.E.C.
- September 3: COVID Case Series: "Brain Fog and other Neurological Complications OF COVID-19" by COVID Ambulatroy Monitoring Team
- September 17: COVID Case Series: "From Outpatient to Inpatient, a view from our ER and Hospitalist Colleagues" by COVID Ambulatory Monitoring Team
- October 1: COVID Case Series: "Cardiac Complications and a Long Road to Recovery" by Sarah Goldgar, MD
- October 15: COVID Case Series: "Neurological Manifestations of COVID-19" by Russell Johnson, MD
- October 20: 3rd DOM Case Series on Caring for Older Women: "Approach to Psychotropic Medications in Emergency Situations" by Grace Chen, MD
- October 30: COVID Case Series: "COVID-19 Reactive Airway Disease: Testing & Treatment" by William Carroll, MD
- November 12: COVID Case Series: "Long COVID" by William Pittman, MD
- November 17: "Gynecologic Oncology" by Mae Zakhour, M.D.
- December 1: "Economic and Social Factors in Women's Health" by Kimberly Narain, M.D., PhD, MPH
- December 10: COVID Case Series: "Vaccine Updates & UCLA Clinical Trials" by COVID Ambulatory Monitoring Team
2019 Case Conference Calendar
- February 4: "Osteoporosis Treatment Update" by Carolyn Crandall, M.D.
- March 4: "ACP Session: Controversies and Updates in 2019" by Janet Pregler, M.D.
- March 18: "BDD: The Disease of Self-Perceived Ugliness" by Eda Gorbis, Ph.D., L.M.F.T.
- April 1: "Minimally Invasive Lumbar Spinal Spacer: A New Treatment Option for Lumbar Stenosis" by Michael Ferrante, M.D.
- April 15: "Osteoporosis Treatment Update (Part 2)" by Carolyn Crandall, M.D.
- May 6: "Cannabis for Medical Use" by Keith Heinzerling, M.D.
- May 13: "What's New in Reproductive Technology and Infertility (REI)?" by Molly Quinn, M.D.
- June 3: "Girl Autism: Diagnosing and Treating Women on the Spectrum" by Alice Kuo, M.D., Ph.D., M.B.A.
- June 17: "Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: Treatment in 2019" by Sheila Ahmadi, M.D.
- July 16: "Update in Breast Surgery: Breast Cancer and Atypical Lesions" by Jennifer Baker, M.D.
- August 6: "Update in Fibroid Treatment Options" by Sukrant Mehta, M.D.
- August 20: "Urinary Incontinence in Women" by Tamara Grisales, M.D.
- September 3: "Update on Fibromylagia Treatment" by Mihaela Taylor, M.D.
- September 17: "Pregnancy" by Aparna Sridhar, M.D., M.P.H.
- October 1: "Medical Management of First Trimester Abortion" by Mya Zapata, M.D.
- October 15: "Osteoporosis Treatment" by Ralph Yachoui, M.D.
- November 5: "HPV" by Arielle Sommer, M.D.
- November 19: "Common Skin Findings and Treatments in Primary Care" by Paul Levins, M.D.
- December 3: "Obesity Management" by Vijaya Surampudi, M.D.
2018 Case Conference Calendar
- February 5: "Statins and Aspirin for Primary Prevention" by Chrisandra Shufelt, M.D.
- March 5: "Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: An Update" by Tara Vijayan, M.D.
- March 19: "Social Media and Infomania: Impulsive vs. Compulsive Behavior" by Eda Gorbis, Ph.D., L.M.F.T.
- April 16: "Cardiovascular Genetics for the Internist" by Pritha Gupta, M.D., Ph.D.
- May 21: "Women's Health Apps" by Cody Dashiell-Earp, M.D.
- June 4: "Clinical Care for Patients with Developmental Disabilities: General Approach and Introduction to Medication Management" by Alice Kuo, M.D., Ph.D.
- June 18: "Pulmonary Embolism Management in 2018" by Tisha Wang, M.D.
- July 2: "Intercultural Communication: Tips for Navigating in a Culturally Diverse World" by Felice Miller, Ph.D.
- July 16: "A Balanced Approach to Nutrition and Lifestyle" by Alicia Trocker, M.S., R.D.N., I.F.N.C.P.
- August 6: "Updates on Obesity Treatment" by Yijun Chen, M.D.
- August 20: "Comorbidity of OCD and Eating Disorders" by Eda Gorbis, Ph.D., L.M.F.T.
- September 17: "Osteoporosis: A Silent Disease" by Sheila Ahmadi, M.D.
- October 1: "Gynecologic Causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain" by Sukrant Mehta, M.D.
- October 15: "Hip Dysplasia: Spectrum of Disease and Treatment" by Adam Sassoon, M.D.
- November 5: "Diagnosis and Management of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer" by Sanaz Memarzadeh, M.D., Ph.D.
- November 19: "Vaginal Laser Therapy at UCLA" by Chad Baxter, M.D.
- December 3: "Overview of the Diagnosis and Pharmacological Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome" by Gobind Sharma, M.D.
- December 17: "A Hot Minute: Updates in Menopause" by Lisa Krandorf, M.D., M.P.H.
Past CME Events/ Recordings
To access additional recordings, please visit: https://domtv.med.ucla.edu/channel/women-s-health
For further information, please contact Kara Justeson at [email protected]