Dr. Khalili is an internal medicine physician who practices traditional primary care, complex medical care for the UCLA Health Extensivist Program in Santa Monica, and HIV care at the UCLA CARE Center. He is board certified in internal medicine, and uses evidence-based methods and a multidisciplinary team approach to improve health outcomes for patients.
Dr. Khalili received his medical degree from the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, where he graduated with induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) honor medical society. He completed his internship and residency at UCLA where he went on to be the UCLA Internal Medicine Chief Resident for Primary Care. He has an HIV clinical specialty to practice HIV ambulatory primary and specialty care that he received from the American Academy of HIV Medicine.
He has been directly involved and interested in medical education, LGBTQ health services and HIV clinical research.
Medical Board Certification
- Khalili J, Landovitz RJ. HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis—The Role of Primary Care Clinicians in Ending the HIV Epidemic. JAMA Intern Med. Published online November 18, 2019. doi:https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2019.5456
- Pedley N, Khalili J. The Importance of Obtaining Sexual History in Older Adults: A Teachable Moment. JAMA Intern Med. 2019;179(12):1708–1709. doi:https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2019.4480
- Rodriguez KM, Khalili J, Trevillian J, Currier J. (2018) What is the best model for HIV Primary Care? Assessing the influence of provider type on outcomes of chronic co-morbidities in HIV. J Infect Dis. 2018 Feb 22. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiy101.
- Khalili J, Leung L, Diamant A. (2014). Finding the Perfect Doctor: Identifying LGBT-Competent Healthcare Providers. Am J Public Health. 2015 Apr 16:e1-e6.
- Mailey BA, Artinyan A, Khalili J, Denitz J, Sanchez-luege N, Sun CL, Bhatia S, Nissen N, Colquhoun SD, Kim J. (2011). A rationale to evaluate serum alpha fetoprotein levels in the allocation of donor organs for hepatocellular cancer. Archives of Surgery, 146(1), 26-33.
- Artinyan A, Mailey BA, Sanchez-luege N, Khalili J, Sun CL, Bhatia S, Nissen N, Colquhoun SD, Kim J. (2010). Racial and ethnic survival disparities for hepatocellular carcinoma in the United States. Cancer, 116(5), 1367-1377.
- Mailey BA, Buchberg B, Prendergast C, Artinyan A, Khalili J, Sanchez-Luege N, Colquhoun SD, Kim J. (2009). A disease-based comparison of liver transplantation outcomes. The American Surgeon, 75(10), 901-908.
- Mailey BA, Truong C, Artinyan A, Khalili J, Sanchez-Luege N, Denitz J, Marx H, Wagman LD, Kim J. (2009). Surgical resection of primary and metastatic hepatic malignancies following portal vein embolization. Journal of Surgical Oncology, 100(3), 184-190.
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- UCLA Emergency Department Consultant of the Year Award (2017)
- Veteran’s Administration-Greater Los Angeles Award for Excellence in Patient Care (2016)