Dr. Michael Ho was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. His undergraduate education was completed at Yale University. He was awarded the Paul Sigler Memorial Prize for being the top student in Biochemistry. After completing his medical education at U.C. San Francisco School of Medicine in 2008, he finished his neurology residency training at UCLA, serving as chief resident of his class in 2012. He then completed an Epilepsy/Clinical Neurophysiology fellowship at Harvard Medical School/Massachussetts General Hospital in 2014.
Dr. Ho's clinical interests are in epilepsy, normal pressure hydrocephalus, stroke, movement disorder/Parkinson's disease, headaches, post-hospital discharge follow ups, and general neurology. He is bi-lingual in both English and Chinese/Mandarin.
Medical Board Certifications
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Neurohospitalist/Inpatient Neurology
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- 2018 Los Angeles Magazine Top Doctors
- Tufts University School of Medicine Faculty, Assistant Professor of Neurology (2013-2015)
- Harvard Medical School/Massachussetts General Hospital Epilepsy Conference Coordinator (2012-2013)
- Presenter at Massachussets General Hospital Neurology Grand Rounds Clinico-Pathological Case Conference “A 7- Year-Old Boy with Focal Seizures and Increasing Weakness,” February 21, 2013, Etherdome, Boston, MA.
- Elected and served as Chief Resident of the UCLA Neurology Residency Program (2012)
- J. Kiffen Penry Epilepsy Program Scholarship participant, November 1-5, 2011 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina., American Epilepsy Society (AES) Education Program
- Neurology Residents Scholarship Program (NRSP) Award participant, September 23-26, 2010, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Blakemore Freeman Foundation Fellowship Winner: Awarded to conduct advanced studies in Mandarin at the UC Berkeley Inter-University Chinese Language Program at China’s Tsinghua Unversity (2006-2007)
- National Merit Scholar Finalist (1999)
- Johns Hopkins University Study of Exceptional Talent member and American High School Mathematics Examination Top 200 student in nation (1999)