Non-clinical staff who are interested in using respiratory protection voluntarily may submit a request by following the instructions below.
Department managers should:
- Instruct all staff requesting voluntary N95 respirators to complete the N-95 Respirator for Voluntary Use training course.
- Collect signed Voluntary N95 Respirator Use Acknowledgement Forms
- Submit an EHS Service Request (as outlined in Step 2 below).
- EH&S will provide you with information on appointments and/or office hours to pickup a supply of N-95 respirators.
Step 1. Training
- Register for and complete the N-95 Respirator for Voluntary Use training course in the UCLA Health Cornerstone Portal.
- Sign-in with your UCLA Health account (Mednet Username and Password).
- Click on the blue "Launch" button.
- Review the training and pass the Quiz to successfully complete the course.
- EH&S will verify the training requirement once the course has been completed.
Step 2. Request
Complete the EHS Service Request Form online.
- Select “General Safety” from the EHS Program menu
- Enter “Voluntary N95 Respirator Request” in the Comments section.
Ambulatory and Community Practices: Please submit requests to [email protected]
Step 3. Appointment
Once you have completed your training, EH&S will provide you with information on appointments and/or office hours to pickup your N-95 respirator. During the appointment you will:
- Obtain a copy of the training handout.
- Review donning/doffing procedure.
- Submit documentation and acknowledgment.
Step 4. Acknowledgement
Since the use of a respirator is voluntary, you will be asked to sign a Voluntary N95 Respirator Use Acknowledgement Form that will be sent to your supervisor and kept on file.