Fit Testing Open Sessions at SM and WW have been scheduled:
- Westwood Fit Testing Schedule - 2nd Quarter 2022
- Santa Monica Fit Testing Schedule - 2nd Quarter 2022
- Westwood Fit Testing Schedule - 3rd Quarter 2022
- Santa Monica Fit Testing Schedule - 3rd Quarter 2022
- Westwood Fit Testing Schedule - 4th Quarter 2022
- Santa Monica Fit Testing Schedule - 4th Quarter 2022
UCLA Health Respiratory Protection Program
Effective January 1, 2014, Cal/OSHA Title 8 Section 5199 (known as the Aerosol Transmissible Disease Standard) requires that all employees who may be required to wear respirators as part of their job function be fit tested initially and annually (within 12 months of their last fit test) on each type of respirator the employee may be required to wear.
The Office of Environmental Health & Safety has coordinated with the contracted fit testing vendor (Breath Safe Environmental) to ensure this is done.
If you cannot wear a respirator, you will be trained in the use of a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR). PAPRs can be obtained from the Materials Management department.
After you have used the PAPR, please place the PAPR in the soiled utility room in your unit and contact Materials Management to have them pick up the PAPR.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Environmental Health & Safety.